DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I hope if they do bring Graves up that they let him stay on NXT with Young Boy Tom too, because they're developing fantastic chemistry and could totally see the two of them working their way up the shows over their careers.

• Like 2

As a result of Gypsy Joe's death, I ended up going down the YouTube rabbit hole on New Jack interviews & incidents.

Fuck that guy, and anything & everything that put him in a position to have any relevance whatsoever.

• Like 1

But the crowd had no clue who was delivering the sorry-looking clotheslines until Romney unmasked himself, the Boston Globe said.

Mimicking Nacho Libre himself, Romney donned blue tights, a red cape and a Mexican lucha libre mask. His moves were weak, according to Boston Magazine; but that didn't stop him from sprinting out a victory lap around the ring.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in," Romney tweeted from his Twitter account after the match.

The event benefited CharityVision International, a nonprofit that fights against blindness in developing nations. The organization is headed by Romney's son, Josh.

12 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Hey folks, just a heads up but Image Comics have just released the first tpb of their wrestling story. Heard a lot of good reviews about it

I notice one of the covers features a dude wielding a pipe wrench as he's standing over a pile of what appears to be the corpses of M.U.S.C.L.E wrestlers. I remember back in the day whenever pro wrestling was portrayed in cartoons like The Simpsons and Beavis & Butthead as well as some NES video games that I'm blanking on, wrench seemed to be the international object du jour. Where the hell does this come from though since I've never even seen a clip of somebody using a wrench as their implement to cause grievous bodily harm. Of course, if a wrench ever had been somebody's go-to international object it is like Trips' sledgehammer in being too over-the-top since it is compact and blunt enough to kill somebody with very little effort; something that isn't true of good old steel chairs and chains. Did the Sheik used to bust out a pipe wrench regularly? Now I wish wrench was one of weapons on No Mercy even though the weapons were all pretty useless in terms of damage.

7 hours ago, nate said:

As a result of Gypsy Joe's death, I ended up going down the YouTube rabbit hole on New Jack interviews & incidents.

Fuck that guy, and anything & everything that put him in a position to have any relevance whatsoever.

But we have dozens of insane New Jack promos, so it's not all bad.  Vic Grimes's near-death is a small price to pay.

• Like 1

Pipe wrenches are popular with such writers because either they think such weapons are more likely to be found under the ring than sledgehammers, or they're just fans of the game Clue.

The ring crew expects Dreamer to keep getting rehired. They want to prove they're as ready as the guy in the production area who always hits just the right music as when a run in starts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I notice one of the covers features a dude wielding a pipe wrench as he's standing over a pile of what appears to be the corpses of M.U.S.C.L.E wrestlers. I remember back in the day whenever pro wrestling was portrayed in cartoons like The Simpsons and Beavis & Butthead as well as some NES video games that I'm blanking on, wrench seemed to be the international object du jour. Where the hell does this come from though since I've never even seen a clip of somebody using a wrench as their implement to cause grievous bodily harm. Of course, if a wrench ever had been somebody's go-to international object it is like Trips' sledgehammer in being too over-the-top since it is compact and blunt enough to kill somebody with very little effort; something that isn't true of good old steel chairs and chains. Did the Sheik used to bust out a pipe wrench regularly? Now I wish wrench was one of weapons on No Mercy even though the weapons were all pretty useless in terms of damage.

I give you CZW mainstay Conor "The Wrench" Claxton-

latest?cb=20151114190833

6 hours ago, zev said:

The ring crew expects Dreamer to keep getting rehired. They want to prove they're as ready as the guy in the production area who always hits just the right music as when a run in starts.

As well as taking unnecessary shots to the groin. 

• Like 1