DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

The key to any comedy wrestler teking the step to go beyond that level usually requires a major catalyst/foe. Thin kabout Foley during his "Have A Nice Day" Mankind period. H was goody as hell but finally was provoked far enough to laythe comedy aside and let Cactus Jack comeback. Mind you not everyone has Foley's comic timing. Rock was really good at improving when things went wonky 9like the dead mic interview where he tossed the mic aside, grabbed Coach's and mic tested it by slapping it a few times and then continuing the promo from where he left off).

I might be the only guy I know who prefers early ce=omedy Kurt Angle to super serious wrestler Kurt Angle. He was so brilliant at playing a dimwit.

James

Kurt Angle doing deadpan humor like Leslie Nielsen from Police Squad was one of the best bits ever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

I might be the only guy I know who prefers early ce=omedy Kurt Angle to super serious wrestler Kurt Angle. He was so brilliant at playing a dimwit.

Yes.... playing.

• Like 1

The DDT IronMan Heavymetalweight title is being passed all over the place in the US since Joey Ryan won it. In the past week it's been:

Ryan

Rey Mysterio

Ryan

Chuck Taylor

Scott Hall

Colt Cabana

Ryan

9 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Vince obviously has a good mind for business, but he still is probably a lunatic.

A MST3K type show for the Network with Vince with him watching all this stuff he's never seen because he's been so tightly wrapped up in the WWE would be amazing.

"Wow this Clarence Bodicker fellow reminds me a lot of a young Jerry McDivitt"

"SHOWGIRLS....THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING. I ALWAYS KNEW JESSE WOULD BE A STAR"

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

20 Years Ago Today:

I am extremely old. 

Classic promo. Just think In quick succession, there was this promo and Hulk Hogan's heel promo with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall from Bash at the Beach 1996:

Wow.

• Like 2