Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022


matt925
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

i might be wrong - but weren't both shows during hardcore covid restrictions? 

I could see AEW at the O.co... but the purist in me wants to see them at the Cow Palace.

It would be much easier for me coming from Napa to hit up the Oakland Arena... I would definitely not go if it was at the Chase Center, as I avoid SF like the plague these days. 

Absolutely not. There may have been fans with apprehension who didn’t purchase tickets lately, but the only restrictions at the time were wearing masks and awhile later being vaccinated. The very first smackdown show at chase center I thought about going to was before the pandemic in 2019. It was a crazy low attendance. They did the following show at sap center in San Jose and did a good number. And did a good number in Sacramento. For whatever reason wwe is ice cold in San Francisco. They still draw elsewhere in norcal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I could see AEW at the O.co... but the purist in me wants to see them at the Cow Palace.

100% agree.

i don't live on the West Coast. i don't know the logistics of of arenas and towns and all that over there. I've heard that the Cow Palace is pretty much shit nowadays. I also would like to hear Tony Schiavone say "we're LIVE, from the COW PALACE". it would make me happy for no real reason. i don't have any connection to the arena, i've never been there, i will never go there, but there's just something about that arena that screams WCW legacy to me. Let's make this happen. Fuck it, make it another house show taped for the eventual streaming service. i don't care how or when, but it needs to take place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gorman said:

Make sure the trash gets hauled away from the arena or someone might Duggan it.

I mean, it's not really a championship. It's basically just the Million Dollar Belt, or Flair's "real world championship" when he was in the WWF. It's a prop, and it's fine that way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, twiztor said:

100% agree.

i don't live on the West Coast. i don't know the logistics of of arenas and towns and all that over there. I've heard that the Cow Palace is pretty much shit nowadays. I also would like to hear Tony Schiavone say "we're LIVE, from the COW PALACE". it would make me happy for no real reason. i don't have any connection to the arena, i've never been there, i will never go there, but there's just something about that arena that screams WCW legacy to me. Let's make this happen. Fuck it, make it another house show taped for the eventual streaming service. i don't care how or when, but it needs to take place.

Oh the Cow Palace was dire even back when WCW was running Superbrawl! It was built in the early 40s from what I remember. 

WWE does well in San Jose and Sacramento... do they still run Fresno?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Oh the Cow Palace was dire even back when WCW was running Superbrawl! It was built in the early 40s from what I remember. 

WWE does well in San Jose and Sacramento... do they still run Fresno?

They run Fresno, Bakersfield. There’s been many Texas aew shows. I was thinking about secondary markets in California. You’ve got San Diego, Bakersfield, Sacramento. I don’t know much about SoCal but aside from theirs a ton of venues. Sacramento doesn’t have much aside from the nba arena, which would be overkill after a Bay Area show. But uc Davis has a relatively new arena that could seat around 4500 for wrestling, and it looks good.  They’ve done worse, might not be bad after a big Bay Area show. I think on Monday we’re getting something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me - nothing will ever top AEW getting CM Punk to come back to wrestling after 7 years, but Regal debuting and showing Mox and Danielson some old man violence IS pretty great. Top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if AEW keeps growing, it’ll be interesting to see what they do in Austin. The Cedar Park center was built for minor league hockey and has a capacity of 8,000. The new Moody Center is on the UT campus and has a capacity of 15,000. I would much prefer to go to the campus area where I can get by bus or ride share, or pay $20 to park than the Cedar Park Center, which is northwest of Austin on one of the worst stretches of rush hour traffic, and also has $20 parking.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the race to become the first AEW triple crown winner just got a new contender with Scorpio winning the belt.

Omega, Page, Scorpio all have 2/3. Will be interesting to see who does it.  A title v title between Page and Scorp, and with that a triple crown win, would be interesting!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

So the race to become the first AEW triple crown winner just got a new contender with Scorpio winning the belt.

Omega, Page, Scorpio all have 2/3. Will be interesting to see who does it.  A title v title between Page and Scorp, and with that a triple crown win, would be interesting!

Khan did mention the trios titles coming around after Omega is back so that'll change it to the quadruple crown. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, matt925 said:

They run Fresno, Bakersfield. There’s been many Texas aew shows. I was thinking about secondary markets in California. You’ve got San Diego, Bakersfield, Sacramento. I don’t know much about SoCal but aside from theirs a ton of venues. Sacramento doesn’t have much aside from the nba arena, which would be overkill after a Bay Area show. But uc Davis has a relatively new arena that could seat around 4500 for wrestling, and it looks good.  They’ve done worse, might not be bad after a big Bay Area show. I think on Monday we’re getting something. 

I think they could run the Memorial Auditorium here, NXT has run there a time or two. It's really fucking small, so probably not ideal for TV, unless they wanted to pick up on the "Universal Taping" kind of vibe. Likely not the look they want for TV. But a great goddamn place to watch wrestling. 

It's way smaller than The Pavillion at UCD. I can't remember when, but the WWF has absolutely run at UCD. I know that Erin O' Grady and Vic Grimes had a tryout there on a Shotgun taping or something.

I just looked, Memorial has a capacity of just short of 3900, The Pavillion at UCD holds 7600. Daily's Place only holds 5500, so that joint at UCD would be perfect for TV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JLowe said:

if AEW keeps growing, it’ll be interesting to see what they do in Austin. The Cedar Park center was built for minor league hockey and has a capacity of 8,000. The new Moody Center is on the UT campus and has a capacity of 15,000. I would much prefer to go to the campus area where I can get by bus or ride share, or pay $20 to park than the Cedar Park Center, which is northwest of Austin on one of the worst stretches of rush hour traffic, and also has $20 parking.

AEW is coming back (finally!) to Houston, and it's already sold out, but unfortunately it's at the same place it was last time, our local college basketball stadium, which isn't really built for wrestling. I doubt they'd have issues filling other venues in town but I suspect (as is the case with most major cities) WWE has the top arenas on lockdown.

Also unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend this time due to work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, zendragon said:

I don't know which is better Orange Catsidy or that last line about straight men 

also 275990828_3149171348731956_103655529470174581_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qloi8-dF23MAX_USmab&_nc_oc=AQkgMvjjYK3_eX4SpwAXIqSlAcf2kF_WtcUReekVvqfwWOJeN-2E8MFMsiH-6KdIywhyQ_OsR0Yr3R5nYNi3jchu&tn=kIJf5O4U60rKvwSW&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-dokU-1vhkMpwYpYVvOU5PYSLvB29bfhkEtvkJ4L8-gQ&oe=6235C4DD


Im not the biggest Scorpio fan, he’s good but doesn’t WOW me too often. However, he looks damn good anytime he has a belt.

 

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...