DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

41 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

I assume that's a different War Machine from the MMA guy who used to beat his girlfriend.

Considering he's in prison for life, yeah.

War Machine are Hanson and Ray Rowe. They're hoss vikings.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2017 at 2:22 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Screw Dave, I'm an Apter guy. Give me fabricated interviews, top ten rankings of every territory and 3 month old results any day of the week. :)

And insightful comments on the psyche of wrestlers by Dr. Sidney M. Basil and inside info by WWF expert Tom Pilliard. RIP Dan Shocket.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That Shield reunion went well.  What was the highlight?  Kurt Angle rocking the gear or Triple H?   Or those beautiful half-Shield/half-RAW t-shirts? 

No kidding.  How many actual Shield matches with all three aired on TV?  3?  

I never wish injury on anyone, but at least we are spared yet another match in the never-ending Rollins/Ambrose vs. Bar feud.

I know this has been brought up a million times as business exposing and blahblah, but considering how much he did it why the hell was Flair so bad/obvious at blading? 

I was listening to an old SCSA podcast with Jake the Snake and they were talking about the subtle ways they did it - blade on the wrist tape, poking and twisting rather than gigging etc - whereas Flair was like Edward Scissorhands, crouch down on all fours, slice left to right, come up gushing and shouting "Oh god". Does it just go back to him being pure-touring-wrestler and not being able to adapt to TV/PPV and relying on all the tricks he learned from making towns?

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

I know this has been brought up a million times as business exposing and blahblah, but considering how much he did it why the hell was Flair so bad/obvious at blading? 

I was listening to an old SCSA podcast with Jake the Snake and they were talking about the subtle ways they did it - blade on the wrist tape, poking and twisting rather than gigging etc - whereas Flair was like Edward Scissorhands, crouch down on all fours, slice left to right, come up gushing and shouting "Oh god". Does it just go back to him being pure-touring-wrestler and not being able to adapt to TV/PPV and relying on all the tricks he learned from making towns?

Yeah, I think he was just set in his ways from learning it in the territories. On one of his episodes with Austin he discussed how he always wore it on his finger instead of his wrist, and that if the shield came off it would cut up whoever he was working with. I guess that's the kind of thing you don't get heat for when you're a legend. 

If there was ever a time to turn him heel, that was it.  He had nuclear heat though with the post-WM crowd that was to be expected.  And it wouldn't have taken much to turn him, but instead they had the Braun feud (which I ended up loving anyway)

• Like 3