DVDVR Message Board

July 2023 Wrestling Discussion

3 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

They've apparently licensed his likeness for a product line called "Savage Size"

81R6NuidHEL._SL1500_.jpg

Yep ,they have become my it's 2am on the way home from a show and only thing open is a tiny rural truck stop snack of choice. 

But one is more than enough.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe the longer the strike goes, the odds improve of Dwayne doing a match. 

Rock seems like the type of corny mfer who would cross the picket line and then virtue signal tweet about doing it in the name of positivity and unity or some such lame bullshit.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Dwayne Johnson who was announced as having signed a $50 Million deal to star in a movie yesterday ? The biggest movie star payoff ever? Yeah, he’d totally do that.

Apparently WWE has strong interest in signing Nick Aldis. As a Producer! Not to wrestle matches himself, but to instruct other, younger wrestlers!

Just seems a bit insulting to him, really. He’s not that old or useless, is he?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AxB said:

Dwayne Johnson who was announced as having signed a $50 Million deal to star in a movie yesterday ? The biggest movie star payoff ever? Yeah, he’d totally do that.

Apparently WWE has strong interest in signing Nick Aldis. As a Producer! Not to wrestle matches himself, but to instruct other, younger wrestlers!

The movie he got the $50 million for has already been shot, the news of the number was just reported yesterday.

https://screenrant.com/red-one-movie-dwayne-johnson-salary-pay-record/

Edited by Mister TV

14 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Those have been around for a while and while the idea of a bigger Slim Jim would seem appealing, there's no real SNAP~ because the meat/covering ratio is thrown off.

The first time I had one as a kid (after begging for it, for obvious reasons) and it didn't make the 'whip cracking' sound from the commercials, I was devastated. 

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I never tried a beef stick until I was in rehab last year. I don't remember what brand it was, but it wasn't terrible. 

Congrats on the tune-up Ed - give a shout if needed!

54 minutes ago, AxB said:

I was gonna do a joke response with 'Well, he isn't old...' but honestly, after some thought, he's not entirely useless, either. I just personally grew really, really tired of him during his time as NWA champion. I see the insulting aspect for sure, but unless he's going to be a 'vet getting the last shot' type at NXT, TNA, or ROH, I think it's a pretty decent spot. Is Mickie still with TNA? I'm sort of surprised he hasn't yet landed there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was gonna do a joke response with 'Well, he isn't old...' but honestly, after some thought, he's not entirely useless, either. I just personally grew really, really tired of him during his time as NWA champion. I see the insulting aspect for sure, but unless he's going to be a 'vet getting the last shot' type at NXT, TNA, or ROH, I think it's a pretty decent spot. Is Mickie still with TNA? I'm sort of surprised he hasn't yet landed there.

He lost a title match at Slammiversary this past weekend. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Infinit said:

Can't WWE just buy Jacob Fatu's contract from MLW and have him wreck shop with Solo?

IIRC Fatu has a felony conviction and can't travel internationally. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the fact that neither WWE nor AEW have moved to hire Jacob Fatu over the past 5 years when they’ve been hiring everybody with some buzz would seem to indicate there’s something disqualifying in his background or current conduct. If he hasn’t been signed by now, I don’t think he’s gonna be.

Likewise, given that he’s coming off of a 6-year prison sentence, I imagine that Zilla will need to put in some time showing he can be a good citizen before any major company really considers hiring him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Rumours on Twitter that Rush has signed with WWE...

That seems like the makings for a disaster. But, like, the fun kind of disaster that's entertaining to see go down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Rumours on Twitter that Rush has signed with WWE...

Someone should tell whoever is running the AEW Roster page that, as well as AAA (since he's maining part 3 of Triplemania this year next month and they just had a presser confirming that today).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Someone should tell whoever is running the AEW Roster page that, as well as AAA (since he's maining part 3 of Triplemania this year next month and they just had a presser confirming that today).

Meltzer posted on the board and he indicated, while not outright saying so, that Rush is out of contract. 

21 hours ago, EVA said:

Yeah, the fact that neither WWE nor AEW have moved to hire Jacob Fatu over the past 5 years when they’ve been hiring everybody with some buzz would seem to indicate there’s something disqualifying in his background or current conduct. If he hasn’t been signed by now, I don’t think he’s gonna be.

At least every few months a story comes out of some promotion doing a charity show and he takes the money and runs. So, if true, he’s a pretty big piece of shit.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

At least every few months a story comes out of some promotion doing a charity show and he takes the money and runs. So, if true, he’s a pretty big piece of shit.

He was west coast pro champ for awhile so I was a fan and was always like why has no one signed this guy? But yeah, yikes.