DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

@grilledcheeseThere are a couple Whataburgers in Tempe (the one near ASU's campus was 24 hours when I went to school there years ago, and it probably is now if you are looking for late night burgers). It is ten minutes from the new ST complex in Scottsdale.

Where I grew up in Arizona had a Whataburger that closed at some point when I went away to college (U of A). Also, longtime Zonies may remember Al McCoy calling Suns games on TV-45 and his "What-a-Shot! Whataburger donates $50 to Suns charities!"  

There were none in Tucson, so I assumed they'd been shuttered everywhere but Texas. Glad that's not the case. 

To stay on thread, mentioning college, I had several classes with a dude who's gone on to make a pretty significant name for himself in comedy. Part of his act includes an outstanding Macho Man impression. 

16 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

@OSJ, the wife and I drive to Centralia just to kill our Burgerville cravings once or twice a year.

@grilledcheeseThere are a couple Whataburgers in Tempe (the one near ASU's campus was 24 hours when I went to school there years ago, and it probably is now if you are looking for late night burgers). It is ten minutes from the new ST complex in Scottsdale.

Go to Smash Burger while you are there, too. Also The Orange Table in Scottsdale, if it still exists. They do a burger cooked in Arrogant Bastard Ale that is king-sized.

P.S.: Dick's is worse than McDonald's, there, I said it.

I stand aghast! A Washingtonian dissing Dick's makes Baby Jeebus cry. Shame on you and shame on James FnX for liking such talk. Blasphemy! 

I've never been to a bulk of the more famous local chain burger places, but was quite underwhelmed when I finally went to a Five Guys that opened nearby.  People kept going on about their fries and I'm a total fry junkie.  They were nothing special, imo.  Anyways, North Carolina (and maybe a few surrounding mid Atlantic states) have Cook Out.  Insanely cheap and they tend to be open 24 hours.  Nothing better than getting a bunch of cajun fries, big, sloppy burger and one of 30+ varieties of milkshake at 2 in the morning after you've been out shenanigans-ing.

cookout_burger_restaurant_menu-1.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

yes, a corn dog is a side item

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I've never been to a bulk of the more famous local chain burger places, but was quite underwhelmed when I finally went to a Five Guys that opened nearby.  People kept going on about their fries and I'm a total fry junkie.  They were nothing special, imo.  Anyways, North Carolina (and maybe a few surrounding mid Atlantic states) have Cook Out.  Insanely cheap and they tend to be open 24 hours.  Nothing better than getting a bunch of cajun fries, big, sloppy burger and one of 30+ varieties of milkshake at 2 in the morning after you've been out shenanigans-ing.

cookout_burger_restaurant_menu-1.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

yes, a corn dog is a side item

Walnut milkshakes and corndogs and hushpuppies as side items? Damn...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jstout said:

I would hope you've had the Grand Mac. I'd put it second behind "yoga pants" as mankind's greatest invention.

The Grand Mac is a gift from the Gods.  

Add 4 chicken nuggets and a McChicken for $2.50 more and there's no need to eat anywhere else ever, really.  

My last show in UPW was supposed to have O'Haire and Palumbo doing a tag team match, but they got called up to do the Alliance shit on the main roster. Instead, Chavo Jr (who'd usually travel with JR/Prichard/Paul Bearer) got us his dad and Mando to replace him. I had fucked up my leg the weekend before playing softball, and Chavo Sr. had juiced in the match. So at the end of it before breakdown, he and I ended up raiding most of the Galaxy Theatre medical kit.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 0:48 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to Golden Corral in Freehold, New Jersey once. That was enough for me. The food was nasty and it was a real freak show.

Our nearest Golden Corral is a freakshow. Seen people get shoved out of the way cause the person by them wanted the food more. Watched kids stick their fingers into the chocolate fountain. Plus it is below average  food at above average price.