DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Speaking of Golden Corral. Cracker Barrell is also terrible too. 

Always made me wonder about the food in Canada when people like Lance Storm and Jericho were always raving about how great CB is. 

A Frozen Mug Apple Cider makes this statement patently untrue. 

Also, the Louisiana Gold hot sauce is amazing.   

I've never been to a Golden Corral but it strikes me as the kind of place that doesn't ask how you want your steak cooked, as their usual clientele always wants it well done anyway.

I like Cracker Barrel but I've only ever had eggs and pancakes there.  I took Lance's advice and got the blueberry pancakes but with regular maple syrup, because I agree blueberry pancakes WITH blueberry syrup is just too fucking much blueberry.

• Like 1

Never had breakfast so maybe that's what i'm missing out on. 

Had lunch/dinner at least a half a dozen times on road trips and always felt like the food level was above fast food but below an average restaurant in terms of quality. 

Ooof. I can't think of what else they even have on their menu... fried chicken? Meatloaf? Pork chops? 

It's all about a cup of coffee and the Smokehouse Breakfast with all the sides you can get -- biscuits with ham! Basically that makes it like going to a weirdo pimped-out IHOP (and I actually like IHOP. Which probably says a lot). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Last time I was at Cracker Barrel, the jacked up dude at the table behind me was complaining about the size of his grilled chicken strips. He told the waitress to bring him some bigger ones. 

No bullshit, that story was the only reason I agreed to get Cracker Barrel with my then new girlfriend when she floated the idea. There's only one in my entire state, as I live up north. We went there and were told it was an hour plus wait. We went home and I made hot dogs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zartan said:

Speaking of Golden Corral. Cracker Barrell is also terrible too. 

Always made me wonder about the food in Canada when people like Lance Storm and Jericho were always raving about how great CB is. 

I don't go there often because it's not really close to me, but I like Cracker Barrell.

We have both Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral very close by. I'm quite happy ignoring both. If I want something unhealthy (which come to think of it, I do right now), I'll get a reuben at Arby's with some potato cakes and a chocolate shake. And yes, that's what I'm going to have for dinner! Mmmm-good. I can't think of a better way to spend the evening, watching old Portland Wrestling and enjoying an Arby's reuben. 

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

Cracker Barrel is terrible and you're a fool if you go. Stick to Waffle House.

I mean, Cracker Barrel won't seat me, but even if they would, I would be too busy eating at Waffle House to care.

At least if there were a Waffle House in Washington State. :(

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Between the XFL and chain restaurant talk, big month for thread drift.

While we're talking about Vince McMahon failures and restaurants, did anyone ever go to WWF New York? I wanted to, just never did.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I've never been to a Golden Corral but it strikes me as the kind of place that doesn't ask how you want your steak cooked, as their usual clientele always wants it well done anyway.

They do ask and happily serve it to you. I've never really had problem with my Golden Corral. Its not good food, just ok.

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Cracker Barrel is terrible and you're a fool if you go. Stick to Waffle House.

I've never been to Cracker Barrel, but I haven't been too impressed with Waffle House the few times I've been. Not bad food, just ok.

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While we're talking about Vince McMahon failures and restaurants, did anyone ever go to WWF New York? I wanted to, just never did.

No, but I was at WWF Niagara Falls.

All I know about Golden Corral is when Smackdown was on SyFy they ran commercials for it and whatever show edge was on non-stop. Did you know you can get an all you can eat buffet w shrimp for *around 11.99? The around part would crack me up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I wonder if Vince has ever seen Pulp Fiction? I mean the movie is almost 23 years old. That has to be within his viewing bubble.

With all the XFL attention in recent weeks, I noticed something while watching the Vince-Costas interview. He mentions The Sopranos saying "the fuck word" and adds, "I happen to like the show." I chuckled. There's zero chance Vince watched The Sopranos. 

Freddie Prinze Jr. told a story on...I believe it was Sam Roberts' show. Prinze was flying on McMahon's jet and was watching a movie on his laptop. Vince asks what he's watching, Freddie tells him. Vince asks, "Why aren't you watching a Wrestlemania?!?" 

It's ironic how eat up Vince is with things other than wrestling -- namely football and movies -- when he seemingly lives in such a wrestling bubble. 

ETA: I'll never set foot in a Golden Corral. I'm not a buffet person, unless I'm in Las Vegas. But I became especially resolute in my vow to never eat Golden Corral when I saw ads for a community chocolate waterfall. Every form of virus and bacteria transmittable through the air or saliva has to live in that thing. 

• Like 1

I dropped the full story in the TV thread but I will mention it here due to the wrestling connections.

Spike TV will be no more (well at least in sometime between now and the beginning of 2018)

It is becoming Paramount TV