DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'm rooting for Corbin tbh, and he defo looked like he belonged in that opening segment last night, I just think his gimmick needs a few tweaks. First and foremost, it's about time he started coming to the ring on a chopper

They were going to try that in NXT at one point

Blib8mnIYAArep5.jpg

It's not a motorcycle, baby, it's a chopper

• Like 2

Then bring Chuck Palumbo back to feud with him, then Bully Ray, leading to BIKER GANG WARS. Then Big Evil himself finally returns to get Taker out of the Deadman gimmick again to unite them. Then you've got a stable of badass bikers. This shit books itself

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Then bring Chuck Palumbo back to feud with him, then Bully Ray, leading to BIKER GANG WARS. Then Big Evil himself finally returns to get Taker out of the Deadman gimmick again to unite them. Then you've got a stable of badass bikers. This shit books itself

I don't fault you for leaving out the Harris Brothers. Nobody should want them around. Maybe we can get an appearance from Brian Lee.

12 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

No way dude, you can't have anyone patched to a rival motorcycle gang such as DOA joining someone else [/bikerpolitics]

I assume there's meth production and distribution in all this, isn't there?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Yeah.  They were going to be packaged together for the gimmick.

Instead she is together with Aiden English's package....

... I am somewhat ashamed by that joke

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I assume there's meth production and distribution in all this, isn't there?

Well, you have to buy that business for like $1M+ and then decide when to do the resupply runs and listen to LJT bitch about how "you need to hire more people!" or "you need better security!"  So you end up just ignoring it and going back to stealing cars and packages because that's where you make the most money anyway. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'm rooting for Corbin tbh, and he defo looked like he belonged in that opening segment last night, I just think his gimmick needs a few tweaks. First and foremost, it's about time he started coming to the ring on a chopper

I think first and foremost he needs to get some big wins.  You can't become a top guy when you get booked almost 50/50 with Dolph Ziggler, beaten clean by John Cena on his return with AJ Styles at ringside, a seemingly never-ending feud with Kalisto that seemed to keep coming back, and even when he does get a big win (Eliminating Strowman) it's downplayed on both shows.

All most of these young guys who are on the cusp (Corbin, Strowman, etc. etc.) need to really do is get some big wins.  WWE went all-in with AJ last summer with him defeating Cena, Styles and Ambrose mostly cleanly and it did wonders for him as a top guy.  Right now Corbin looks like a good young wrestler who's never won the big one.  Guys can go really quick from "next big thing" to Jack Swagger.  WWE needs to strike while the iron is hot.  No one will be talking about Corbin's hair or belly-button if he's putting Kane through a table and running him off TV, or pinning John Cena clean.

There was a horrifying article somebody wrote about working at Golden Corral on I think Vice, including piles of dishes and massive dumps of reeking, uneaten food. Definitely enough to put you off your lunch. 

Now I'm imagining somebody working a garbage match inside a Golden Corral with guys hitting each other with steam trays filled with lukewarm food.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

I wonder if Vince has ever seen Pulp Fiction? I mean the movie is almost 23 years old. That has to be within his viewing bubble.

Damn, it's a shame The Undertaker isn't still doing Biker Taker. Now I wanna see Corbin vs. him in a chain match with talk of pride and the yard and soup bones on the line.

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

There was a horrifying article somebody wrote about working at Golden Corral on I think Vice, including piles of dishes and massive dumps of reeking, uneaten food. Definitely enough to put you off your lunch. 

Now I'm imagining somebody working a garbage match inside a Golden Corral with guys hitting each other with steam trays filled with lukewarm food.

I went to Golden Corral in Freehold, New Jersey once. That was enough for me. The food was nasty and it was a real freak show.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to Golden Corral in Freehold, New Jersey once. That was enough for me. The food was nasty and it was a real freak show.

That sounds like just being a product of being in New Jersey and not one specific to Golden Corral

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/mike-adamle-cte-story-nbc-5-chicago-413103093.html

Apparently Adamle had been off the local news since March and they hadn't explained why

File this under the - Wrestling/Football connection stories

Oh man, that's such a bummer. I read the article and I just feel so bad for him. Not sure if I want to watch the videos in the article or not.

Also, I had no idea that Nowinski was such a giant.

A Golden Corral opened up here some years ago. It's opening looked like something that an episode of South Park would be based around. There's a line out the door to get in and the majority of the people in line are in sweat pants and t-shirts or whatever shit you'd just throw on to go out to get the mail and they all looked rather unhealthy.

I only went, once, because someone described the steak there as "good enough." It wasn't. It did make me think that their slogan should be "Golden Corral: We aren't afraid of salt."