DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

11 hours ago, nate said:

Would someone mind doing me a big favor?

If someone has the WWE (née WWF) cookbook, would you post or PM the recipe for the Tazz Red Hook Garlic Bread?  I'm wanting to make that tonight.

I'd appreciate it.

f25cb378-b898-4470-9ae0-28f7eac4ac0b_zps

For this you needed a recipe? Sorry for the orientation, Photobucket is all wonky on me lately.

- RAF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheeReverendAxlFuture said:

f25cb378-b898-4470-9ae0-28f7eac4ac0b_zps

For this you needed a recipe? Sorry for the orientation, Photobucket is all wonky on me lately.

- RAF

Perfect!  I used to make this back in the day (years ago), but I forgot the right amount of garlic & paprika I was using, PLUS it jogged my memory over little prep changes I made, like melting butter over the minced garlic. 

I really appreciate that man!  Thanks!

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Apologies if posted already and i missed it.

I'm a Sasha fan but this made me really respect what a pro she is. To be able to go from a teary-eyed fan girl to the swagger of The Boss in less than a minute is quite the feat.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2016 at 6:57 PM, AxB said:

Kenta Kobayashi didn't get to be KENTA, Kana turned into Asuka, and Prince Devitt had to become Finn Balor, but Shinsuke Nakamura gets to be Shinsuke Nakamura. It's like the 90s all over again (when Vader got to be Vader, and the Patriot got to be the Patriot, and Ken Shamrock was still Ken Shamrock, but Cactus Jack became Mankind). Is Nak going to kickstart a wave of "If it's OK for him, it's OK for me" real name signings?

TNA killed the previous real name era; Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Batista, Haas, Benjamin all got to be themselves because there was no WCW for them to jump to. But then TNA got on telly and suddenly everyone needed a new name.

To be fair - Finn Balor is a huge improvement over the very indie sounding Prince Devitt.

KENTA is another story. 

Not sure what they can do with the Vaudevillains call up, but I have had the thought that Aidan English becoming Aidan English-Guerrero and doing an Eddie tribute gimmick might be some quality comedy heel stuff.  It seems like a gimmick he could carry.  Not sure what that does for Simon Gotch, though.  He always seemed to be a rather odd fit in the WWE. 

If they tweaked the gimmick and made it so they were hipsters, and they were allowed to carry it through with backstage skits and promos, that'd be something, but that would probably take weeks of promos before they debuted.  Those cats are out of the bag now.

Also, please bring back squash matches.  You have four social outcasts.  Use them.

11 hours ago, nate said:

Perfect!  I used to make this back in the day (years ago), but I forgot the right amount of garlic & paprika I was using, PLUS it jogged my memory over little prep changes I made, like melting butter over the minced garlic. 

I really appreciate that man!  Thanks!

Just a FYI pro-tip type of thing, but if you mince or chop a fresh garlic clove instead of getting the stuff from a jar, you get such a richer, bolder taste. Yeah, it's tedious, garlic is small and the risk from slicing off a finger pad is high, but do it anyway.

That recipe seems like standard operating procedure for garlic bread.

Oh, hey, if you want to tell Taz you can do it better, do this...

You take your loaf of french or italian bread and you slice it in half the length of the loaf and then you cut each half into 1/3rds. Take a clove of fresh garlic and place a clove on each piece of bread. Wrap each piece of bread in foil and put it into the oven at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. Maybe less, you'll want to check to make sure the bread is ok. What happens is that the garlic clove turns butter soft and you can spread it. You then add your seasonings and cheese to the unwrapped pieces of bread, sprinkled a little bit of cheese on top, and broil it for a couple minutes.

• Like 3

Mincing garlic is super easy if you have a good chef's knife and you use the flat of the blade to crush it first.  Crushing it while it still has the "paper" on it makes it so much easier to peel as well.  Just snip the hard ends off, crush it, peel and mince.

26 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Which brings me to my next point, why don't we have a cooking thread where we can all exchange recipes? I hear the Barbarian makes a great chicken piccata.

I'd be all for this. I love to cook and have some great recipes to share. Also, I'd like to invite you to watch my 20 minute video. It's called Ramsey Gold. All I need is some financial information and where I can send the autographed 8x10...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

If you're worried about knifery, get a garlic press. That's also better if you want garlic flavor but don't like the little hard bits in your food. 

Dammit, I don't want to continue this on, but if you're roasting something, and that garlic gets crispy in the process, oh man does that taste good. The only problem with a garlic press is that you're basically mashing the garlic, which is good for some dishes. I use a press for making guacamole.

I don't know what's funnier about Conrad Kennedy III/Krimson taking legal action against TNA: that he thinks he invented evil wrestling clowns, that he thinks he invented evil clown/sideshow stables, or that he doesn't seem to realize that Crazzy Steve has had his gimmick since 2003, fully five years before CKIII became Krimson.

This is amazing.

37 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

You want a good wrestling related cooking Youtube channel??- let Gene Snitsky look after you

...I guess I'll do it.

If you screwed up the recipe and your roast tasted terrible....

IT WASN'T HIS FAULT

• Like 3

WWWWE and the Neil Blaisdell Arena announced today that they (WWE) will return to Hawaii for the first time in almost seven years on June 29th for a show at the Neal Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu. In addition to that, it was announced that the show will be broadcasted live on the WWE Network as an old WCW favorite, Bash at the Beach. Superstars advertised include Shinsuke Nakamura, WWE NXT Women's Champion Asuka, WWE Women's Champion Charlotte, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day, Bray Wyatt, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, The Usos, and Brock Lesnar. Tickets for the event will go on sale on Friday, April 22nd.