DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, zev said:

Which full timer quits this week, thinking they can just come back at WM 45 and squash one of the Tag Team champs just prior to Shane's oldest defending the title in an Inferno in the Cell match?

LOL, like they're not still going to be dragging Foley, Rock, HBK, and Austin's wrinkly old asses out for that spot 13 years from now.

• Like 2

I've got to make some time to acquire and watch Will Ospreay vs. ZSJ from EVOLVE this weekend. I heard that it was as good as Zayn/Nakamura, which would not shock me and which would be fantastic. I am ready for slick matwork at the five-star level. 

43 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

For better and worse, I think last night also ended that when they took Zack Ryder from "lowest guy on the totem pole for years" to "relevant for Mania", to "legit contender", to the Intercontinental Championship within two weeks. (Of course, it also means WWE could do that for someone the fans LIKE to make them Reigns, but still.)

Cynically, I wonder if the whole point of Ryder winning wasn't to elevate him, but to use it in order to sell the same match in the future. 

I.e. " ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THIS MATCH, MAGGLE. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR!"

We shall see. I wouldn't be stunned if Owens eviscerates Ryder tonight for IC Title #3.

For all the shitting on Ryder, I would like to say that it felt like, to me, a nice little moment for him from a company that dicked around on him. Before this his Wrestlemania moment was losing his Mania match and then getting broken up with by his girlfriend. After a decade of good service, I like that he got to have a big moment at Mania.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

LOL, like they're not still going to be dragging Foley, Rock, HBK, and Austin's wrinkly old asses out for that spot 13 years from now.

It will be Cena, Orton and Batista. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

WWE Insider FalconArrow is doing a AMA on Reddit.

A few returns (Rumored to be Cesaro and Maryse)
A few NXT debuts (Rumored to be Samoa Joe, Enzo and Cass)
Gallows and Anderson to debut in a NWO like fashion 
One of the returns will lead to a title change (either IC or Women's) fans won't like

Spoiler

Imagine they have Maryse win the Women's belt the day after it debuts.  That would be the ultimate lol.

• Like 1

Yeah that last thing will never happen in a million years. Ryder winning the IC belt feels like a transitional role to drop it to another heel so I won't be surprised if a debuting guys wins that belt.

Apologies if I've missed anyone expressing similar sentiments, if that happened, on site today but...

Maybe Ryder's being rewarded because unlike Lana and Rusev, he didn't go telling TMZ about his relationship with a co-worker.

Or could it be that he's considered an "NXT guy" so him and Corbin can be part of a neck braced Shane led invasion. Because invasions and authority angles are just what that company does.

Spoiler

I agree that I don't see a women's title switch being something the crowd would hate, (unless it's to Eva Marie,) but the IC title switch doesn't make sense either? Who would be debuting though that could win the IC belt that fans wouldn't like? The post-Mania crowd would go nuts for Joe or a returning Cesaro winning. Miz, maybe, with the return actually being Maryse?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Lol, 12-18 months.  They will have 12 singles matches, been tag team champions, broken up, regained the tag team championship, fight in the Cell, have a last man standing match, then find mutual respect all within 8 weeks.  

So, pretty much the same program Styles and Jericho are in the midst of?

37 minutes ago, zev said:

Apologies if I've missed anyone expressing similar sentiments, if that happened, on site today but...

Maybe Ryder's being rewarded because unlike Lana and Rusev, he didn't go telling TMZ about his relationship with a co-worker.

Ryder had every reason in the world to be bitter and mouth off about WWE.  He didn't.  He kept quiet and professional.  So he's being rewarded.

Dating Emma is just hot fudge on the sundae.

• Like 2

Actually, he tried to start up another video series and looked like a goof as he tried to plot a rebirth. At least at first.

Then he gave up on that and just started putting in hard work on Superstars and Main Event. I'm guessing that this IC title is a reward for babysitting Mojo Rawley's crazy ass. I assume Mojo is the irritating friend that Emma registers clear annoyance with whenever he hangs out with Zack, but Mojo is totally clueless and thinks that they're good friends. 

3 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

WWE Insider FalconArrow is doing a AMA on Reddit.

A few returns (Rumored to be Cesaro and Maryse)
A few NXT debuts (Rumored to be Samoa Joe, Enzo and Cass)
Gallows and Anderson to debut in a NWO like fashion 
One of the returns will lead to a title change (either IC or Women's) fans won't like

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine they have Maryse win the Women's belt the day after it debuts.  That would be the ultimate lol.

FWIW, he just deleted his account about 5 minutes ago.  

So, I'm guessing there are massive re-writes happening right now.  

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

FWIW, he just deleted his account about 5 minutes ago.  

So, I'm guessing there are massive re-writes happening right now.  

I am working under the theory that FalconArrow is a woman. In the AMA, he/she said their entrance music would be Brie's if they could pick one, and the "biggest jerk" in the WWE is

Emma

which sound like answers a woman would give.

My guess, since it sounds like he/she isn’t on the creative team or at events on a daily basis, is someone who works in graphics or marketing.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It will be Cena, Orton and Batista. 

Batista, the man with the greatest agent in the history of Hollywood.  He is never coming back but needs an Entourage-type episode where his agent turns him into a star as a lesson to every Hollywood agent.

Seriously, you go from WWE to Scorpion King 3 to Riddick to Guardians to Bond villain to Highlander (rumored The Kurgan) to Guardians 2 to Blade Runner.

Somewhere John Cena sheds a tear when he thinks about his Hollywood career while every WWE superstar is begging for a Batista scrap.