DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

I honestly have no clue how Batista became a bigger movie star than John Cena.

Just a guess, but he decided to pursue a career in acting and give the full time WWE gig the middle finger?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

I honestly have no clue how Batista became a bigger movie star than John Cena.

Well, Batista wasn't in any of those lame WWE films. 

Or at least as far as I know...

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:
  Hide contents

Well, looks like he is injured. Fucks sake

What is injured though?  They just had him stand on his ankles/knees and trade punches/kicks with his elbows and shoulders, and get smashed by the head into some props and take a huge back/neck bump through a table...what's left????

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

What is injured though?  They just had him stand on his ankles/knees and trade punches/kicks with his elbows and shoulders, and get smashed by the head into some props and take a huge back/neck bump through a table...what's left????

Spoiler

He took a spill after diving onto Owens during the opening segment of Raw.

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

That crossed my mind, considering how fast they had someone off of the bench. But why though?

The storyline is that Sami cost KO the IC title, so KO costs Sami a shot at the World title.  They might actually be building a feud.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Right place. Right time. Right casting. Same as most actors.

I am not sure if this is true but someone told me that Bautista has the perfect look for the comic/action genre.  Tall, built like a tank, and his face is attractive to women.  The face is just enough to stand out on his own and just enough to pass for almost any ethnicity a director or producer could want with the exception of African American.  In other words if someone wants a certain look for a role be it Latino, American, European, or Russian; Bautista can pass for that look and the casting director will pass Bautista's profile along to the producers and director.

In other words, if you Google image Dave Bautista he can pull off multiple looks with little or no makeup with ease.  That is rare in Hollywood.

I am still amazed at how he gets all of these roles.