DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

In even more WTF news regarding Bradford City (at least to me, maybe you were already aware of it, Natural), there's this: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

1) May 1967: fire in Stafford Heginbotham’s factory at three-storey Cutler Heights Lane, Bradford 

2) April 1968: fire at Genefoam Ltd, managing director Stafford Heginbotham, Cutler Heights Lane 

3) August 1970: store-room explosion at Matgoods, founded by Heginbotham, in Wyke, Bradford 

4) December 1971: tenant fire at Castle Mills building, Cleckheaton, owned by Heginbotham 

5) August 1977: fire at Yorkshire Knitting Mills, in Heginbotham-owned Douglas Mills building, Bradford 

6) December 1977: fire at four-story Coronet Marketing factory, Leeds Road, Bradford. Coronet Marketing a subsidiary of Tebro Toys, owned by Heginbotham 

7) November 1977: fire with toxic fumes at Douglas Mills factory 

8) June 1981: fire in plastics factory at Heginbotham-owned Douglas Mills

Unbefuckinglievable. I can't believe it would take 30 years for something like that to bubble to the surface.

So it seems the only team in the Premier league without a red card this season (you'll never guess) are handicapped in the Fair Play league because UEFA don't like the fans singing a song that appears to glorify domestic violence. Even though the version they sing has replaced the word 'knife' with the word 'dick', thus making it not violent at all.

Not sure about that Chelsea-ManU yellow for diving, think that the guy was legitimately tripped (he left the leg out, but the defender made legitimate contact.)

I don't have a problem with that call, (Herrera stuck his right leg into the defender's to try and get the call,) but I do think Terry's forearm shiver to Falcao in the run-up to the goal was a foul.

This was not a good day in cups if you support one of the clubs that sings You'll Never Walk Alone. Celtic denied a domestic trebble by a non-handball call among other things, and Liverpool lost to the re-animated corpse of Aston Villa. (I know it's not over yet but yeah...)

Not the most thrilling of days.