DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I'm amazed that NYCFC fans would come to Harrison today: they spent the past 19 years refusing to cross a bridge to see soccer, why start now? FORZA METRO!!!

DFA: saw the Eddies fall to the Cosmos 4-2 today in front of 3,300 fans. They have Ameobi's brother and the shitty Nyassi, and I think that says it all.

In the paper last week, they said that between guys who're in the last year of their contract, and guys with escape clauses in case of relegation, QPR are losing 14 players this off-season. 14!

Guest Edwin

Forgot to mention OC 2-2 draw against the team with the best record in the conference.

Lucky draw though. The 90th minute continue to be OC's blessing or curse.

And Adrian Heath makes decisions no one understands... Cyle Larin scores and is one of the few up front who seems to actually be in somewhat of rhythm and he gets subs out.

Luckily Collin dropped a header and got the draw in extra time.

Next game is away against DC United and LA Galaxy at home. Definitely picking up tickets for the LA Galaxy game.

Barca is of course a lock in the final with that result. The only thing keeping Bayern in this game for that long was that guy called Neuer.

Funny, because Neuer made all the wrong decisions before the 0:1.

But, everything is still possible....yeah, right...

Totally disagreeing there, unless throwing the ball to Benat is a wrong choice in general. Which I MIGHT agree on since my opinion on Benat ist not that high. ;) That guy had ages to pass or even clear the ball, instead went for a one on two dribble. Against Barca. Who had been swarming Bayern players all night. The shot itself is from roughly twenty yard, hard and well placed and dips right in front Neuer. I doubt there is realistic claim for saying it should be a safe, although I admit it might be bias due to having trouble with those kind of shots back in my youth days as a goalie.

Bundesliga relegation battle got a little more exciting. Hertha BSC Berlin, who seemed to be out of trouble, lost another one last weekend and are now only 3 points ahead of the danger zone. CL is set. EL has Augsburg (5th place, 36 pts), Schalke (6th, 45), Dortmund (7th, 43), Bremen (8th, 43) and Hoffenheim (9th, 41) in contention. Since the cup final is between Wolfsburg and Dortmund, seventh place will definetly be eligible for Euro League. The rest is all said and done. Bayern picked up their fourth Bundesliga loss this season on Saturday, all coming in the second half of the campaign. If you count the pk-loss against Dortmund as a loss (which you don´t, statiscallym but still...) and add the Barca match, this is Bayern´s fourth loss in competitive matches in a row, something that hasn´t happened in a while. 

Caught a little bit of Arsenal vs. Swansea. It was one of those games that shows the beauty of footie from what I saw. Arsenal at home with lots of chances, Fabianski as former Arsenal GK with a great match up and a goal that wasn´t spotted at first to totally turn the match against the balance of play into a win for the supposed underdog. Fun to watch!

• Like 1

On the bright side, doesn't the Europa League winner get an automatic Champions League spot the next season? I'm actually excited that Swansea have a real good chance to qualify. Perhaps that explains Tottenham ' s poor form of late.

Guest Edwin

Surprised no ones talking about todays CL semi final. As expected Barcelona qualified for the finals. Bayern won today 3-2, but Barca advance on agg. goals.

Suarez had 2 great assists to Neymar and Luis Enrique subbed him out for Pedro in the second.

Ter Stegen also had a great first half.

Bayern was dominating the aerial game, but failed to convert them. They also had some good shots on target, but ter Stegen wouldn't let anything get past him.

Bayern fans are awesome and still supported the club despite not advancing to the finals of the CL.

Real vs. Juve at the Bernabeu tomorrow is going to be interesting. Despite the previous Juve win in the first leg, I think we're going to get El Clásico CL finals in Berlin which is awesome.

C'mon Juve, this is your big chance today to make it to the final!  I am so freakin pumped!!!  If they can just get 1 goal they have a very good chance of progressing I think.  Madrid can definitely be beat, if Juve can follow the Valencia/Atletico model and stifle them most of the game and catch a goal on the counter it's their game for the taking.

John_Cena_-_The_Time_Is_Now.jpg