DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

So, instead of doing monthly threads for Footie, I figure, let's try a few month thread.  Starting from March through May, etc, etc.  

So, yeah.... On we go. 

Well.....if Liverpool had actually played well at the start of the season then who knows where we'd be right now. I said at the time I thought Liverpool had been a bit unlucky in terms of injuries and playing the wrong teams at the wrong time, but we were definitely slow off the gates. Poor buggers just couldn't catch a break, plus without Suarez teams could park the bus. One doesn't want to rely on 25-30 yard screamers, but that's one way of getting shit done. Liverpool more or less ended the Title race today. Obviously it's all about that Top 4 spot and building for another real crack next season. Liverpool's run-in isn't a barrel of laughs but they're in there with us again now, rather than the other way around.

The League Cup was good.  It was chippy just like I like it.  I was really disappointed that Harry Kane wasn't more involved for Spurs but I think Chelsea was always going to win this due to both having better overall talent and wanted revenge for the 5-3 defeat earlier.  In a way it felt like Chelsea, specifically John Terry was just in the right place at the right time, but you could also say that is the definition of being good. 

So, MLS looks to go on strike after tonight, the only owner proposal for free agency is "Age 32 and up, 10+ years at same club". Players are (rightly) laughing at that.

MLS players have less economic freedom than North Koreans, so I don't blame them one bit. The single entity con job makes MLS look like a complete laughing stock and the owners, er, investor/opperators are almost all slime.

So, Immobile scored two goals against Dynamo Dresden in the DFB-Pokal for BVB Dortmund. Not really a good game from both teams but Dortmund didn't really get in trouble at any time. So, now we have to beat Hamburg and just like that we rise from last place to the european qualifying places...weird season!

Oh shit, another player collapses mid game. (Swansea-Tottenham)

Worrying signs as Gomis has collapsed in the centre circle before play got underway after the goal, the medics have rushed on and he is getting treatment.

Gomis was just jogging back to the halfway line when he collapsed and now the players are all standing around in the centre circle as the medics tend to the striker. It looks like he is being put on to the stretcher and the stadium is silent.

Spurs players have their hands on their heads but Gomis is moving.

Now there's applause as Gomis is taken off on a stretcher. He is being given oxygen but appeared to nod his head and is moving. Remember it was only three years ago that Fabrice Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest at this ground.

So, MLS looks to go on strike after tonight, the only owner proposal for free agency is "Age 32 and up, 10+ years at same club". Players are (rightly) laughing at that.

MLS players have less economic freedom than North Koreans, so I don't blame them one bit. The single entity con job makes MLS look like a complete laughing stock and the owners, er, investor/opperators are almost all slime.

FOXSports sayeth that a deal is done, no strike, CBA reached.  Claims of Budget increases, higher minimums, and some form of Restricted Free Agency is rumored.  But no details released.

However, considering how shitty the last CBA was, anything is better than what they had.

Shitty NBA writers writing about sawker as a side gig while doing work for a team and kissing the front office's ass are a blight on humanity.

• Like 2