DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Going back to the Blatter/FIFA stuff there's a book called Foul! which was written in, IIRC, about 2006 which spoke about the corruption in FIFA then. Also the BBC exposed Warner et al "allegedly" taking bungs and such during the time when countries were bidding for the future World Cups. Funny that England didn't get a look in once the BBC exposed what was "allegedly" really going down. But seriously, there needs to be a real investigation into FIFA and for them to be a governing body for World Football beyond repute, but again when you look at the history of corruption in boxing and other sports I guess it's just an unfortunate reality. Makes you wonder whether there's any "alleged" involvement from organised crime within top sports and that's why the corrupt element is so hard to stamp out.

At that time, before the 2018 vote, the FA condemned the Panorama story.

So that first goal in the Rangers / Motherwell game

http://www.balls.ie/football/motherwell-goal-rangers/295017

I remember scoring that way against keepers in youth footie, but they were like 4 feet 7 inches or something like that.

How does the Scottish relegation work? It´s multiple rounds, right? Who goes up, who stays in the division?

Bottom (12th) club in Premier League is relegated straight away - 1st in SPFL 1 is automatically promoted.

Then in the SPFL 1 playoffs, 3rd plays 4th - the winner goes on the play the team who finished 2nd.

The winner of that plays the team who finished 11th in the Premier League to see who goes/stays in that league

Thanks a lot, Chester.

So Motherwell stays in the Premiere League and Rangers stay in the SPFL. Interesting. I was a little shocked to see Hearts of Midlothian not in the Scottish Premiership, it´s one of the teams I remember from the early 2000s to be among the top teams quite often. I propably missed out on one of the Scottish fans around here writing about them being in financial trouble and had to wikipediate the info regarding that.

Thanks a lot, Chester.

So Motherwell stays in the Premiere League and Rangers stay in the SPFL. Interesting. I was a little shocked to see Hearts of Midlothian not in the Scottish Premiership, it´s one of the teams I remember from the early 2000s to be among the top teams quite often. I propably missed out on one of the Scottish fans around here writing about them being in financial trouble and had to wikipediate the info regarding that.

Hearts and Rangers seem to have taken opposite paths in terms of managing a recovery from bad finances. Have to say most of the news I've read coming out of Hearts over the last year has been very positive and they seem to have new ownership that is on the right track.

As for Rangers, well, just when you think the story can't get funnier, they find a way.

I'm partial to Celtic and I'm dissapointed Rangers didn't make it back. Motherwell doesn't exactly get the heart racing as an opponent, I miss the old firm derby.

Also now I'm glad Lazio made CL so I can win a teaser bet next year on who the first club to have to play a home match behind closed doors due to racist/violent fan behavior is.