DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Of course they were outplayed, most of their players suck and they don't have a striker in the whole country.

As an American, I agree.  Most of the American players are pretty bad. Klinsmann has been making chicken salad out of chicken shit IMO.  He's trying to re-do the whole American system from the ground up, so I don't think we will really see the result of his efforts until the new youth developmental systems start producing new talent.

The Danes are always a pretty good team too.  Bendtner always seems to have killer friendlies and never show up for the big games as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, the scorer of the 1,000th goal in Metro history..... Mike Grella? He's no Gio but It was a game winner so I'll take it.

By the way for those of you wondering what a soccer team owned by the Yankees would look like: they were selling cardboard boxes for $10, posters that were small giveaway quality for $10, programs for $10, player t's for $38 and scarves for $40. About 27,000 there to witness a pretty dull game in the freezing cold (was actually snowing lightly). City were shorthanded but could've snatched a draw vs the sporks. Kreis was the smartest signing they've made by far because he knows how to build a team. I honestly will be suprised if they don't become the 3rd expansion side to ever make the playoffs.

Guest Edwin

The Ecuador vs. Mexico friendly game was nuts. 88,409 fans in attendance and it seemed like 88,405 of them were Mexicans.

The commentators still think Chicharito has potential to be a top player and that he should leave Real to another club where he'll get more playing time as he hardly gets any after he scored a goal in the friendly against Ecuador from outside the box.

HOLY FUCKBALLS the cold. Colder than the opener, but the crowd was into it. Pleasantly surprised with how many folks showed up- merch was still flying off the shelves. I laughed heartily at the empty boxes for $10.

Big difference in the makeup when Villa isn't pulling strings in midfield. They looked pretty dire without him.

The stadium situation is hardly ideal, but I got there door-to-door from my house in 35 minutes. I'm okay with this.

Guest Edwin

Was going to comment on the Montreal vs. OC game from yesterday, but I opted not to since OC hasn't gotten a proper MLS win yet. They did get another draw though.

They did concede 2 goals to Montreal, but got 2 back within minutes.

Pedro Ribeiro and Kaká make a good combination together upfront.

Guest Edwin

Huge injury means Alaba will be out at Bayern for the upcoming weeks (read something about "7-week-break" for the Austrian). This might be a major factor regarding any CL-ambitions for the team from Munich.

Yeah, just heard he tore his MCL and maybe out for the remainder of the season. Sucks big time specially since they're playing BVB aside from the CL.

Leeds striker Mirco Antenucci is one goal away from triggering a one-year extension in his contract. In other news, Leeds coach Neil Redfearn has been ordered not to play Mirco Antenucci and risk triggering a one year extension in his contract.

LEEDS, everybody. They're here all week.

And now Red Bull is trying to buy them. Yeah, that rebrand should go well.

Also, TFCLOLOLOLOL. If MLSE bought the Sahara within a year there would be a shortage of sand.