DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Nice work from Bayer Leverkusen, sabotaging their CL-campaign due to total inactivity for the major part of 120 minutes, then having Calhanoglu who had an absolute abysmal game take the very first penalty. That was really pathetic. One sky high pen for Atletico, two for Bayer. Awful awful game. Yeah, well...it´s Leverkusen, though, so there isn´t too much pity / sympathy for me.

I´m sure some people enjoy Simeone´s crazy antics on the sideline, but midway through the match I got really annoyed with the ref for ejecting him. Simply because every time he went crazy, ref gave one of those "I can´t stop you from doing that, but I´m mildly annoyed by it!"

Arsenal could have done it, especially with the really good chance they had after they went up 2-0. Alexis Sanchez is one of the weirdest players. He is so energetic and works like crazy and does some crazy good and inspiring stuff, and the next minute he looses the ball after a horrific pass or dribbling which was by far the very worst of all the options he had.

Really good performance by Juventus and a deserved win in Dortmund. BVB never seemed to recover from that very early Tevez goal.

So, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Monaco, Bayern, Juventus and Porto.

There are some interesting possibilities in those matches. I don´t think there any limitations as too seeding or something like that in the quarters, so there is a distinct possibility of "national" match ups aswell. I´ll be honest, I wouldn´t have called two Ligue 1 teams among the top 8 this season, all investments aside. Also wouldn´t have thought there would be a total lack of BPL. No real clue as to who is making it.

• Like 2

Really good performance by Juventus and a deserved win in Dortmund. BVB never seemed to recover from that very early Tevez goal.

So, Barca, Real, Atletico, PSG, Monaco, Bayern, Juventus and Porto.

There are some interesting possibilities in those matches. I don´t think there any limitations as too seeding or something like that in the quarters, so there is a distinct possibility of "national" match ups aswell. I´ll be honest, I wouldn´t have called two Ligue 1 teams among the top 8 this season, all investments aside. Also wouldn´t have thought there would be a total lack of BPL. No real clue as to who is making it.

Tevez & Morata both looked really good, Tevez had one of his best games with 2 goals and an assist, and Morata could have had a couple himself.  He's starting to look really promising and I bet Madrid is missing him right now.  I'm hoping Juve draw anyone but Real, Barca or Bayern.  They did pretty well against Atleti in the group stage, and I think they could beat any of the other teams left aside from the Spanish & German heavyweights.

Great CL draw for the Old Lady!

PSG vs Barca

Atl Madrid vs Real Madrid

Bayern Munich vs Porto

Juve vs Monaco

Sucks that Pogba got injured though, that's a rough blow, especially with them drawing a French team.  Hopefully Pirlo is ready to go by then.

Europa League draw

Napoli vs Wolfsburg

Fiorentina vs Dinamo Kyiv

Sevilla vs FC Zenit

Dnipro vs Club Brugge

Fiorentina have been looking good, and if Napoli can get by Wolfsburg they are a pretty strong team as well and have a good shot at making the finals I think.

Oh and ~El Clasico~ is on Sunday, can't wait for that one!  Barca is hot as can be right now, and Madrid have been struggling but both teams are nearly level on points...so this match could really decide who wins the title in Spain this year!  My money is on Barca.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I'm sick of Celtic playing Dundee United so I can only imagine how the players feel.  How many red cards this match?

If Real Madrid and Barcelona is El Clasico, is Celtic-Dundee United El Hacksico? ;)

And bad news, good news for West Brom.

Bad News, they went down a man in the 2nd minute due to a red card and trail City 2-0 in the second half..

the good news, the ref sent off the wrong player (take a shot), and already admitted it, so there will be no suspension coming...

Arsenal got fucking lucky to walk away with a win today. Still don't know why refs let guys jump in the penalty box with their arms away from their body and not call the penalty when the arm gets hit.

If you want to see how one player can make all the difference look at the Revs. Last year once they got Jones they caught fire. With him being out so far they have been total dogshit. The east is so horrible this year that it's entirety possible that one of the expansion teams could win it.