DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Pearce and Lawrenson were kinda outraged over the pitch invasion during the Villa/West Brom match like there could have been a serial killer in the midst or some shit. I found it kinda entertaining, literal dickhead and all.

I recall being part of a pitch invasion at the Brandywell when Derry City won the league in 1997 and...yeah, not a one of you gives a flying fuck, right? Point is, I dug it then and I dig them now even as un-2015 as they are.

• Like 3

Post above got a like just for mentioning being part of a pitch invasion in the ROI league. Fuzzy isn't a fucking glory hunter!

• Like 2

If I could like that a billion and three times I would but I can't.

Point is, my dad reckons before he did his knee in, Liam was pretty much a guarantee to be the cat's pyjamas as they come. Eriksson was manager of Benfica when they played Derry in the European Cup and he wanted to sign him, Brian Clough at Forest wanted to sign him, United wanted to, Celtic wanted to.

But then he fucked up his knee, came back and was still a genius. It was literally a Stonecold-esque knee brace dude played in for the rest of his career and he was still the best player I've ever seen play in the League of Ireland.

For the Man City connection, Neil McNab played about a dozen games for Derry and I was mascot for one of them. I had my picture taken with him and another with Liam Coyle.

I treasured the one with Liam more even though my dad reckoned McNab was an absolute superstar.

Guest Edwin

if this is what happens when Villa scores 2 goals, maybe its better they don't score.

This wasn't communicated to Villa apparently as he was non existent for the majority of the match.

Despite incompetent reffing and unjustificably being down one man, OC still got a draw with Kaká going in full blown hero mode and scoring a goal from a free kick that hit a defenders hand and went in at the 91' of extra time.

Unbelievable finish. Great turn around and crowd support for the match.

I don't have season tickets, but there's a very high chance I go to next home match against Vancouver.

Guest Edwin

Forgot to mention, Brek Shea had an awesome game.

And Josh Saunders isn't human. Got his head rammed into the post in the first half and then got his head kicked in the second half.

Something to think about while watching all the shitty games that littered MLS week 1: league is going to expand by at least 4 more teams in the next few years. But don't worry, this is all part of Garber's plan to be a top league by 2022 by diluting the league's tallent pool.

Yep, Angel Di Maria wins stupidface of the week award, when you're losing, you don't want to A) get booked for diving and then B ) Put your hands on the ref to Protest A. Congratulations, Stupidface!

(and I think Villa above was referring to Aston Villa with the two goals (and the idiot fans), not David Villa ;)

It stuns me how often footballers make physical contact with referees, never mind the culture of teams swarming one like bees to all have a shout at him. I get there's a lot of shit that gets said to referees in north American sports we don't find out about, but in general I really wish this was a thing that got cut down on. It looks bad.

You should never have a dude in your side that puts more effort into having a shout at the referee than he does into staying on his feet to get away a shot.

(This isn't a shot at any one player, but since it came up this has been buggin' me.)