DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Charlie Adam doo-da was better than the Beckham goal. It's always been strange with Beckham, I mean, I'm a United fan but I never thought he was that great a player but he was always marketed as such and the Wimbledon goal was always trotted out even though Xabi Alonso and Rooney and others scored better ones but he was Beckham and he had a pretty face and nice hair and his wife was a Spice Girl or something and, ah, yeah, I'm rambling.

Chelsea are obviously champions as detestable as they are and Arsenal are looking good but if United finish 2nd/3rd this season, I'd consider that a good season. Build from there after that and, I mean, shit, United aren't going away. I'd fully expect them to win the league again in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Chicharito to OC rumors surfacing... lol

Colorado have reportedly made an offer to Puyol good enough for him to consider make a return.

Guest Edwin

Incompetent referring, but City created a bunch of chances in the last 20 minutes of the match, but failed to convert.

Most hated teams?

I suppose, hatred is a strong term so we'll say, most very very disliked teams?

Arsenal

Lehmann

Lauren 

Ashley Cole

Winterburn

Adams

MARTIN FUCKING KEOWN aka the biggest fuckpot there's ever been in football.

Vieira

All reprehensible gobshites and couple that with there always being a certain level of smugness with them and their fans (an accusation probably thrown at United fans to be fair but, I dunno, most of the Arsenal fans I've ever known including mates of mine have always been insufferable when it comes to Arsenal) and, yeah, Arsenal were always the shitbirds of the Premier League.

But, it's funny, I miss the hell out of the matches when the two of them were going for the league, they were bonkers and fun and led to shit like this:

I mean, I'm a someone that liked seeing Jaap Stam steam in there and grab Vieira by the throat, I'm someone that liked seeing Vieira and Keane kick lumps out of each other, I'm someone that liked seeing Keown doing that crap to Van Nistelrooy...actually, no, that was just childish nonsense and he's a twat. 

But now, pretty much, they're kinda stagnant. I support Man United but I'm not from Manchester (write your own jokes there) so the likes of Leeds/Liverpool/City weren't huge rivalries to me and Arsenal was always THE match of the season back then and I miss that.

Lately, Chelsea haven't exactly been an endearing bunch. Their fans, their captain, their centre forward, their manager. All shitheads.

Anyway, yeah...

Farcial moment in the Women's U-19 UEFA qualifier in Belfast:

England trailing 2-1, against Norway,  get a penalty in the 96th moment. England player steps up and knocks home the PK, except that a England player is marginally encroaching.. so.. the ref blows the whistle, but instead of a retake, the referee somehow decides that this deserves a Norway Indirect Free Kick, and 20 seconds later, the game is over.

Since this was an obvious error, UEFA ordered the last 65 seconds of the game replayed with a new ref (the previous one had been sent home due to the mistake), but only after the two teams had played their third and final qualifier.. So, England wins their third game, and now it becomes clear. If England make the penalty, they qualify as the group winner, and Norway will have to see if they go through as the best second place team. Miss it, and England stays home.

No pressure eh?

Thankfully, the same player (mandated by UEFA) takes and again makes the penalty, and England win the group with the 2-2 draw. Thankfully, Norway go through as the second place team.

Most hated teams?

I suppose, hatred is a strong term so we'll say, most very very disliked teams?

Arsenal

Lehmann

Lauren 

Ashley Cole

Winterburn

Adams

MARTIN FUCKING KEOWN aka the biggest fuckpot there's ever been in football.

Vieira

All reprehensible gobshites and couple that with there always being a certain level of smugness with them and their fans (an accusation probably thrown at United fans to be fair but, I dunno, most of the Arsenal fans I've ever known including mates of mine have always been insufferable when it comes to Arsenal) and, yeah, Arsenal were always the shitbirds of the Premier League.

But, it's funny, I miss the hell out of the matches when the two of them were going for the league, they were bonkers and fun and led to shit like this:

I mean, I'm a someone that liked seeing Jaap Stam steam in there and grab Vieira by the throat, I'm someone that liked seeing Vieira and Keane kick lumps out of each other, I'm someone that liked seeing Keown doing that crap to Van Nistelrooy...actually, no, that was just childish nonsense and he's a twat. 

But now, pretty much, they're kinda stagnant. I support Man United but I'm not from Manchester (write your own jokes there) so the likes of Leeds/Liverpool/City weren't huge rivalries to me and Arsenal was always THE match of the season back then and I miss that.

Lately, Chelsea haven't exactly been an endearing bunch. Their fans, their captain, their centre forward, their manager. All shitheads.

Anyway, yeah...

lol

• Like 1

Board went offline, wanted to give a short heads up from the German cup. Bayern, Wolfsburg, Dortmund and third division Bielefeld went through. Semis will be Bayern vs Dortmund, Bielefeld vs Wolfsburg.
Three out of the four quarterfinals went to extra time, two of those went to penalties.

Oh, and want to share this goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XTZaY4V4c

Palace are whooping it up 0-4 at Sunderland. Bolasie with a hat trick in 11 minutes.

LOL at the scum's sister club, I hope they end up in conference in 4 seasons. Oh and hopefully we defenstrate the DC scum tonight, more Ben Olsen Agony Face please!

First half of the Manchester derby was great fun. Switched to Bundesliga later on, but looked like a fun game.

Bundesliga: Top 2 are basically set, Bayern (70 pts) ten points ahead of Wolfsburg, who are in return 7 ahead of Gladbach. The improvement compared to last season is that the championship isn´t mathematically decided yet, I guess, although it is very likely Bayern will get the three wins they need in the remaining six games soon enough.

Gladbach and Leverkusen battle it out for the direct qualification for Champions League with two points inbetween them. Then there is a huge gap to Schalke who sit on 41 points. Augsburg is having a bad spell, they are on 39 as of now and are in sixth, still on Euro-League course because neither Hoffenheim (37), Frankfurt (35) or Bremen (35) managed to win one on matchday 28. Dortmund, Cologne and Hertha (all tied on 33) all make up the midtable to an extent, although there still might be an outside chance for all of them to catch up with the EL spots. Mainz and Hertha are four points away from the danger zone.

At the bottom of the table Freiburg managed to steal a point at Schalke and is now on 29, Hannover is the newest team getting sucked into the abyss, they are still winless in 2015 and are on 29 points aswell, needing a win asap. Paderborn managed to beat Augsburg at home and climb onto relegational play-off ranks. Stuttgart (winning against Bremen) and Hamburg (losing to Wolfsburg at home) make up the bottom two. Hamburg has been the only remaining founding member of the Bundesliga in quite some time now, but they looked finished on Saturday. I don´t really know if getting a coach who hasn´t done any full time job as a coach was the right idea, especially since they looked a mess tactically against Wolfsburg. The first two games were against really strong teams, however, so I should hold back on my judgement. The battle against relegation is the most interesting thing as of now, simply because one win can turn things around for you. Stuttgart looked the best over the last three games.

• Like 1

I've said in the past that the Championship is the most exciting league in the world for my money... well, there's six four matches left and the top 8 clubs are separated by NINE points.

1 Bournemouth 42 46 80
2 Norwich 42 37 79
3 Watford 42 36 79
4 Middlesbrough 42 30 78
5 Derby 42 28 72
6 Ipswich 42 16 71
7 Brentford 42 15 71
8 Wolves 42 12 71

This is going to be good.