DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Rumblingz~!

Gündogan to Manchester United for 30 Mio. €?

If they want him for that much money, I can't complain!

I'm stoked to how our Mannschaft will look next season.

Dzeko maybe, Geis from Mainz, Khedira from Real Madrid...

But without international next season I think they will think twice.

I guess 30 million is okay for Gündogan in today´s football world, but it´s kind of weird to see that sum dished out that regularly. I really hope he will get back to his 2013 form. Maybe a transfer could help him with that. As of now, there is pretty good shot at Dortmund making the top seven. Which would be enough for a EL-spot since Wolfsburg and Bayern both are qualified for CL and they are most likely to rival Dortmund in the cup. Rules are changed now, meaning only a cup win will mean EU - competition, a final-loss would mean seventh place makes Europe.

Still four and a half games to play, though... a lot of things can change.

Guest Edwin

There's been a ton of great football on TV today.

I've caught my bits of each.

Inter/Roma is on in a bit on beIN SPORTS which should be a fun one.

Yes, I had a busy week, so taking the Saturday off has been a relief.

Brighton 0-2 Watford

Fulham 4-3 Middlesbrough

WATFORD UP. Saturday night's all right for fighting.

Bournemouth will be the other automatic promotion if they beat Bolton on Monday as their goal differential over Boro is like a million

Oscar fencing from a concussion was so obvious yet how long was he on the sideline? 

Edit: He's off to the hospital, which is certainly for the best. Why he was allowed back on in the first place is the question.

If you're going to disrespect a minute of silence like the United shitheads, you deserve an epic ass-whooping. Fucking jackasses.

This. Cunts. That applies to any disruptions of a minute’s silence.

Poignant day at Valley Parade on Saturday marking the 30th anniversary of the Bradford City Valley Parade fire disaster killing 56 fans and injuring a great deal. At the stadium’s memorial, there were a lot of flowers including wreaths from the Premier League, Football League and Roy Hodgson. A Claret and Amber striped scarf with a black line in the amber and black in the tassles was available with all the money for the Burns Unit. I bought one and a lot of people were wearing them. You Never Walk Alone played at the ground as the players came out, the minute’s silence and on the 56th minute, the Bradford City and Barnsley fans chanted “Stand up for the 56”. Bradford City won 1-0.

• Like 1

Bayern wins the league while sitting at home having a beer on the couch.

Top four are all set, with Wolfsburg pretty much set for runners-up and Gladbach and Leverkusen battling for third.

Schalke, Augsburg, Hoffenheim, Dortmund and Bremen still have a reasonable claim to one of the EuroLeague spots, which is amazing considering Bremen´s and Dortmund´s first halfseason. Both teams have already earned 5 (Bremen, 22 opposed to 17) and 9 points (Dortmund, 24 as opposed to 15) more in now 13 games than they earned for whole first half of the campaign in 17 games.

At the bottom of the table, Hamburger SV is the big winner of matchday 30, beating Augsburg for the first time at home by 3-2. They jumped on the relegation play off spot, tied on points with 17th Paderborn, who, like Stuttgart, gave away a two goal lead at home. Freiburg and Hannover are very much in trouble aswell, especially Hannover who haven´t won in 2015 and need to get a win asap. Tense finish.

Why isn't Hamburg a much bigger club in terms of results? On paper it seems like they have all the stuff you'd want to be able to build a big club. Sort of like Newcastle or Aston Villa in England.

Really hard to say. A few years ago I´d have said it was the expectations in city and club surroundings. As of now, they just seem to be reeling from the horrible season they had last year.

First cup semi-final is in extra time. Bayern and Dortmund each scored one. BVB was lucky the ref missed a clear cut penalty.Both goals came pretty much out of nowhere. Dortmund was on the verge of scoring the winning goal, but Neuer made one very good and one astonishing safe. Expecting Bayern to grind out the result through two late extra time goals now.