DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Spring 2015

Dolfan in NYC

I'm really pulling for Derby, but its probably not going to happen.

EDIT: And on another "Low team I follow and want to do well" Note, with 6 matches left, FC United is 5 points clear with a 40 goal differential.  This could *finally* be the year they jump up to Conference North.

• Like 1

I remember when my beloved Reading was good... sigh....

At least another love Norwich is in the thick of it.

On the flip side of the table - Hey Wigan is going to drop again. 2013 was a long fucking time ago...

I remember when my beloved Reading was good... sigh....

At least another love Norwich is in the thick of it.

On the flip side of the table - Hey Wigan is going to drop again. 2013 was a long fucking time ago...

Not long enough.  -_-

Wade Barrett buried the Manchester Derby last night, said both clubs were shit and brought out the Preston North End team for his match. That is fucking GENIUS.

My favourite part of that video is finding out Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi is still playing at 39 years of age. Pompey legend and World Cup hero!

Now I'm going through Japan's 2002 WC squad. Ah, the memories... ALESSANDRO SANTOS! STARTING LEFT BACK! I'm having so many Winning 11 and PES flashbacks right now.

Forgot to bring this up when I heard it last week since it's such a bonkers statistic, but apparently City haven't won a BPL match where they were behind at halftime since 1995. What the bloody fuck.

Guest Edwin

Is anyone watching either of the UCL matches?

I'm watching Atleti/Real and it's been as intense as expected.

Oblak is the reason Atleti aren't down 5 goals or so by now.

Guest Edwin

Oblak had a heck of a match against Real.

Weird game that ended in a 0-0 draw.

Next game is at the Bernabeu, but Atleti have been Real's kryptonite and have beaten Real there, so a win for Atleti shouldn't be considered an upset.

I honestly have no love for Atletico at all and they can't go out fast enough. Their coach is an overgrown toddler with a beard that throws ten tantrums a game and that's clearly a big part of his player's attitude as well.

I realize trying to pick teams to single out for this sort of thing is hard but they're taking every setting to 11. I have no desire to see any more of them even if they have some very good players.

• Like 1

I don't care that much for Atleti but it's nice to see teams like Real Madrid run into a boogeyman of sorts. I tend to think the return leg will end in a non-scoreless draw, giving Atleti the tie on away goals. Seeing Real Madrid go out the same way as Chelsea would be all too sweet.

Guest Edwin

Diego Simeone is awesome.

The only Atleti player that was constantly complaining and earning a ton of attention for it was Manzukic. The rest of the team was pretty chill.

Plus it's good to see some other team besides Real Madrid and Barcelona topping La Liga. Atleti and Valencia are actually 2 of the reasons I started caring for Spanish football again.

Cholo has put a really good squad at Atleti and Valencia has a very good squad too.

I get that it's good to see another team on top and in that sense that's fine. Spain has been owned by two clubs for far too long. They do play from the Chelsea playbook though.

"Rest of the team was pretty chill" sorry we saw a different first thirty minutes.

• Like 1

Beat me to it. So far it just seems speculation and him asking for his release, but Dortmund has announced a press conference at 13.30 h Central European time. German sports tabloids speculate he might take a sabbatical and then go to BPL, and former Mainz coach Tuchel becoming his successor in Dortmund. Tuchel - it was rumoured - had been in negotiations with the staggering Hamburger SV for next season.

Speak of the devil and he doth appear (I´m the fan of the local "rivals" as some of you know, so excuse that phrase please ;)):
Meanwhile, the Hamburger SV burnt through his next coach, with Peter Knäbel stepping down after just two games to make room for Bruno Labbadia, who was already coaching the club´s team in 2009 / 2010. That adds up to a count of four for this season for the last remaining dinosaur of the Bundesliga. During his last stay in Hamburg there were allegations from the rumour mill surrounding Labbadia, claiming him having an affair with one of his player´s wives and the team inexplicably imploded after a good start to their campaign.
So yeah, the guy to rescue you is the elder German John Terry...and it still might work, I think. Next week will tell, when Hamburg plays a crucial away game against Bremen. A match consindered a derby in northern Germany.

• Like 1