DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

One day there will be a movie that has Topher Grace, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Toby Maguire all in the same scene. Shit, it should just be them as brothers. We've had Topher and Toby in Spider-Man 3, Jake and Toby in Brothers and maybe something else, and I'm not sure about Jake and Topher. Anyway, someone, please, make this happen.

And then when that is made, make a movie starring Bill Paxton, Timothy Olyphant and Josh Duhamel as brothers or something.

• Like 1

Bobby Fischer was my idol growing up. It's going to be very interesting to see what this movie shows and where they choose to end it. It could go to some pretty dark places.

This is such a nitpicky thing that only a giant chess nerd would care about, but Fischer was actually a pretty hulking athletic guy. He was a good 6'3" and played lots of sports before he went totally off the rails. I think everyone thinks of him as this super dork nebbish guy, which is why we see Tobey MacGuire, but his stature is probably closer to Liev Schrieber who looked to be playing Spassky.

Could they cast Hadji for the movie without any controversy?

Yes.  They could turn him from a mystic into a computer geek and make him nice and inoffensive for a new audience, but then the people who grew up with the toon would hate it.

No matter how its spun, someone will hate the concept.

So...Dinesh from Silicon Valley.

One way or another he is going to be playing part. Just probably at Largo once a week.

I'd be interested to see just what Quorra was supposed to be able to do in the Real World to change it, but without the System existing, there's not much really TRON-y things to do with a 3rd movie.

That's super disappointing, but not terribly surprising since the last one was a bit underwhelming box-office wise. Hopefully they don't completely abandon the franchise and maybe do some more animated stuff in the future.

This could be the best remake ever.  I can't imagine The Rock being any character in that movie other than

Jack mother fucking Burton

He's athletic and has great comedic delivery and I am fairly confident that he'll give the material a lot of respect since he's openly said that it is one of his favorite movies.