DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

See Sicario, is it going to be one of those films where everyone in Mexico not only speaks fluent English, but actually opens conversations speaking in English rather than establishing the other person can't speak Spanish first?

One of my Playstation friends is called Sicario Antrax 5. So he's Hitman Anthrax 5. Never realised that before.

One of my Playstation friends is called Sicario Antrax 5. So he's Hitman Anthrax 5. Never realised that before.

Kinda sorta.  The word "sicaro" is a slang term.  You probably realize already that the word origin is derived from the name given during the latter years of the Roman empire to a group of Jewish extremists (the Sicarii) who concealed daggers on their persons and used these weapons to commit public assassinations on Roman officials and Roman sympathizers.

NSFW Trailer.

This is The Tribe, it's coming out this week in NYC (I think other cities' art house theaters will get it later).   It's getting amazing reviews and is (almost) silent.  Done entirely in Ukranian sign language, there's no voice over, and no subtitles. 

I don't know why, but I really want to see this. 

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd type:

Rob Zombie is going to direct a Groucho Marx biopic.

I'm not a huge Marx brothers buff, but I can't seem to recall any blood orgies by them. . . .then again it was a different time, and the media protected celebs more.

Groucho didn't participate in the orgies. He just liked to watch.

• Like 2

Saw The Tribe last September at the Toronto film festival.  "Challenging" is a good word to describe it, in more ways than one.  There are several very difficult scenes to watch (there were a bunch of walkouts in my theatre) and, although it's not that tough to follow overall, there are a few scenes that are very difficult to understand.  There's one with the two young female characters going into a building where we watch from the outside through several windows, it's a very long take, and I was just thinking "WHAT IS GOING ON" through the whole thing.  Only managed to figure it out right near the end of the scene.

There aren't many German movies that are worth watching, but this one actually looks interesting for once.

The entire movie was apparently shot in one single take, don't even know how that is possible. It won six awards at yesterday's German film awards. I have no idea if and when this is coming to the US.

This looks absolutely wonderful. Mark Osborne was a classmate of mine in High School, and his brother Kent was one of my best friends. Mark has now made Kung Fu Panda and this and Kent has worked on Spongebob, Adventure Time, and is making indy films. I'm so happy for them.

• Like 1

NSFW Trailer.

This is The Tribe, it's coming out this week in NYC (I think other cities' art house theaters will get it later).   It's getting amazing reviews and is (almost) silent.  Done entirely in Ukranian sign language, there's no voice over, and no subtitles. 

I don't know why, but I really want to see this. 

See it just looks like the pretentious foreign movie you hear about in all the romantic comedies that the arty girl really wants to go see but the guy is like "Eh, can we see something else...."

• Like 1

How the fuck did this movie become the one I want to see most this summer?

Because Tom Cruise apparently decided that trying to outdo Jackie Chan in the stunts department would be a good way to spend his 50s?

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/Y7coUwTU-Ms

How the fuck did this movie become the one I want to see most this summer?

What GojiColin said.  I love this new Tom Cruise going apeshit in movies like MI: Rogue Nation and All You Need Is Kill where he is acting his ass off and performs his own stunts in the effort to cripple himself before he turns sixty.

If you are concerned about spoilers you probably shouldn't watch this trailer. Then again I am not sure why you would really be that concerned over spoilers for the fucking Hitman movie