DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

So many conflicted feelings about this movie. On the one hand there's Ridley Scott's extremely spotty track record over the last few years, but then again I seem to be the only person on the planet, who absolutely loved Prometheus.

But then I watched this trailer and there's Kristen fucking Wiig in the movie. Why does Kristen Wiig have to be in this movie? Why?

Not even the otherwise extremely stellar cast of Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Mara and Sean Bean can redeem that.

There's apparently a rule that Kate Mara and Jessica Chastain must be in everything now.

Did Bill Pullman have a stroke?  He sounds like Dr. Evil.

Uh...that's not Bill Pullman...That's Jeff Daniels. No, he did not have a stroke.

• Like 1

There's apparently a rule that Kate Mara and Jessica Chastain must be in everything now.

Uh...that's not Bill Pullman...That's Jeff Daniels. No, he did not have a stroke.

LOL

I mix the two up all the time.  Not as bad as when I was young in the 80s/90s and always confused Kurt Russell and Jeff Bridges but still.

Jeff looks very distinctive to me especially now that he is older. I didn't even confuse him with Beau. On the other hand, this has happened to me fairly recently:

"Wait, didn't Kurt Russell die of cancer? Oh wait...that was Patrick Swayze. Right."

This is what happens when you've watched Road House and Overboard a bunch of times on TBS in the mid-nineties.

• Like 1

I dunno if anyone has posted the Fassbinder MACBETH trailer, but it has fucking Swans playing in the background.

I thought this had already had come out and I had somehow missed it.  Fassy should be king-sized in it.

Just know that as of right now - it has no US release date

Did Rooney Mara drop off the face of the earth or something? I like her alot more than her sister.  Then again I kind of like Kristen Wiig, and I am the other person that like Prometheus. . . .

Jeff looks very distinctive to me especially now that he is older. I didn't even confuse him with Beau. On the other hand, this has happened to me fairly recently:

"Wait, didn't Kurt Russell die of cancer? Oh wait...that was Patrick Swayze. Right."

This is what happens when you've watched Road House and Overboard a bunch of times on TBS in the mid-nineties.

Hey, I only just realized Minka Kelly and Leighton Meestor were, in fact, different people. 

• Like 1

Jeff looks very distinctive to me especially now that he is older. I didn't even confuse him with Beau.

Wait, are you confusing Jeff Daniels with Jeff Bridges? Or was the subtlety of your joke lost in the typing?

He said he confused Kurt Russell and Jeff Bridges. Jeff has a brother named Beau, who was in the Fabulous Baker Boys with him. I don't think they look the same other than their similar facial structure let alone confuse Jeff Bridges with Kurt Russell.

Did Rooney Mara drop off the face of the earth or something? I like her alot more than her sister.  Then again I kind of like Kristen Wiig, and I am the other person that like Prometheus. . . .

Rooney Mara is in that dreadful Pan movie that's coming out later this year.

Ha. Because when a huge ass spaceship is falling from the sky and you've seen a lot of crazy shit over the past 24 hours you might not be thinking clearly. But you know, everyone has been in that position before and they know exactly how they'd react.  

There's a lot of valid criticism abut Prometheus, which is really too tiresome to ever get into again, and none of it has anything to do with not running sideways.  But seriously, there's no reason to talk about it.  Some liked it, some didn't.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯