DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Good lord this looks atrocious

From an epic time of epic men, comes an epic tale of epic battles fought in an epic fashion with epic blades of steel...

You're right. That looks comically terrible. Can't wait for the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer on it in 6 months.

The Rock is going to be in an adaption of the 80s video game, Rampage.

ohmygod

Dwayne Johnson retweeted Entertainment Weekly

Hell yes. Meaner, nastier versions of King Kong, Godzilla & a pissed off gigantic Werewolf. #RAMPAGE #ArcadeClassic

If Toho sees this, they're gonna be pissed. They went after that Anne Hathaway movie because it's about a giant lizard monster in Tokyo. 

Good lord this looks atrocious

From an epic time of epic men, comes an epic tale of epic battles fought in an epic fashion with epic blades of steel...

You're right. That looks comically terrible. Can't wait for the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer on it in 6 months.

Adrien Brody has had quite the Halle Berry-like career post-Oscar.

• Like 1

That's awesome. I read that article and I like Rose McGowan way more than I did previously.

More and more, Funny People was a biopic that completely went over Adam Sandler's head. That, and maybe Judd Apatow wishes Sandler would get cancer.

• Like 1

ohmygod

Hell yes. Meaner, nastier versions of King Kong, Godzilla & a pissed off gigantic Werewolf. #RAMPAGE #ArcadeClassic

If Toho sees this, they're gonna be pissed. They went after that Anne Hathaway movie because it's about a giant lizard monster in Tokyo.

Nah, Toho went after them because they specificaly marketed the movie as having Godzilla in it.

ohmygod

Nah, Toho went after them because they specificaly marketed the movie as having Godzilla in it.

Well yeah, they used an image of Godzilal to try and sell the movie to studios. 

Cusack has basically said that he thought it was a shrewd business move to become relevant in the Chinese market and that he couldn't turn down a chance to work with Chan. I've never heard the backstory about Adrien Brody's career going to shit. I know Oscar's don't give actors the cache that they used to, but damn.

Cusack has basically said that he thought it was a shrewd business move to become relevant in the Chinese market and that he couldn't turn down a chance to work with Chan. I've never heard the backstory about Adrien Brody's career going to shit. I know Oscar's don't give actors the cache that they used to, but damn.

"Hey, you get to work with Jackie Chan!"

"Fuck, yeah!"

"In a serious historical epic about Chinese history"

"Oh."

"Jackie is very serious about this.  He wants it to be the most serious and epic and very serious movie ever made."

"Oh no no no no..."

"He's been learning all about CGI for it."

"I want a new agent."

• Like 2

Looks pretty much in line with the over budget "historical" blockbusters that have been coming out of Asia for a while now.

That's what I was thinking. Korea does a few of these films a year, and they do pretty well at the domestic box office. They just don't shell out the money to get foreign talent like China does, and they're half as expensive to produce as a result.

queue?  You still get Netflix through the mail, you're one of the few dinosaurs of Netflix left, wow.

Well I do too.

Of course - I literally keep movies for like a year at a time since I am too lazy to watch them

queue?  You still get Netflix through the mail, you're one of the few dinosaurs of Netflix left, wow.

Well I do too.

Of course - I literally keep movies for like a year at a time since I am too lazy to watch them

I was the same way, that's why I eventually ditched the service. Although with me part of it is that I'm too analytical, so watching a movie is a several-hour chore for me. Like, every 10-15 minute interval it's "pause/analyze/write recap of plot thusfar in head" for me...