DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

35 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Edge-ing

Settle down, Naturaletico.

His matches have multiple false finishing runs and he gets lots of 2.9s on pinfall attempts leading up to finally putting his opponent down.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

On 9/5/2023 at 9:54 AM, Zimbra said:

Now I don't even care who it is I just want someone to do a dick stepdad angle with Nick Wayne.

While there's no doubt Edge or Christian would totally nail that role (no pun intended), I think it loses something since they're the appropriate age to date Nick's mom.

Now if you're looking for something for Jack Perry when he comes back...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nonono, go the other direction. Older, not younger. Nick Wayne's dick stepdad should be Good ol' JR.

Anyway, here is a summary of a Sean Ross Sapp podcast:

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Someone I know who is deep into the Punk conspiracy theory stuff sent me an ominous dm earlier about how he "heard Punk is planning or ready to unleash something". I can't tell if those Sapp bullets support or discourage that rumour. 

You gotta one-up him.

"Pfft, you believe Punk got fired?"

Spoiler

what-a-mark-raven.gif

Edited by Dog
  • Haha 9

23 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Someone I know who is deep into the Punk conspiracy theory stuff sent me an ominous dm earlier about how he "heard Punk is planning or ready to unleash something". I can't tell if those Sapp bullets support or discourage that rumour. 

Sports Illustrated suggested that days ago.

All the whining about who told who what is utter BS anyway. CM Punk is a paranoid narcissist. No one even knew he had issues with Hangman the months he was injured and had a broken foot until he came back on TV and shot on him. 

Clearly, the whole Colt Cabana thing is an exposed nerve for him he couldn’t get over it after almost 10 years. He had to let it drive him wild. Who even gives a crap if a few idiots on the internet think you had something to do with Cabana being marginalized? No one was even talking about that until the public shots at Hangman. If he’s worried about that garbage getting out in the open, it was Punk himself who opened that can of worms because he’s a fucking idiot.

Punk wants drama, and he likes to create drama, and he wants to be at the center of it.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

Given Tony and his dad were in an actual business before Wrestling, I'm gonna guess we won't be hearing anything from Punk for a good long while, as I can't imagine that as part of his Termination was getting wasn't NDA'd out the ass for him to get any money off the rest of his contract.  

I've tinfoil hatted my self into believing that AEW talent being NDA'd is the reason former talent complaints go real quiet after an initial strike, but I have nothing to back that up other than assumption on how actual companies operate.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

now that's a tease to call 1-900-909-9900 if ever I heard one

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 9/5/2023 at 6:53 PM, Casey said:

The Independent has an article comparing Punk to Donald Trump and the Proud Boys. Yeah that’s a completely rational take 🙄

Trump and Cornette would be a more apt comparison. There are definitely similarities among their fan bases and how they act on social media. But that’s most toxic fandom in general. 

I have no dog in this fight, but I do have a keyboard so I'm compelled to spew my opinion.

I've never trusted straight-edger's, back in my punk rock/heavy metal days I would hang with all sorts of people, but the straight-edger's always felt off to me.

Not sure if it was their holier-than-thou attitude that most (not all) seemed to exude.

With drunks and stoners I knew where I stood. (And it was usually next to them right on the edge of the pit.)

Hope Punk finds peace somewhere, I get the feeling the only peace he'll have in pro-wrestling is starting his own promotion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I have no dog in this fight, but I do have a keyboard so I'm compelled to spew my opinion.

I've never trusted straight-edger's, back in my punk rock/heavy metal days I would hang with all sorts of people, but the straight-edger's always felt off to me.

Not sure if it was their holier-than-thou attitude that most (not all) seemed to exude.

With drunks and stoners I knew where I stood. (And it was usually next to them right on the edge of the pit.)

Hope Punk finds peace somewhere, I get the feeling the only peace he'll have in pro-wrestling is starting his own promotion.

Even though I've met a few okay sXe HC dudes, I completely agree that a lot of 'em can be self-righteous douche canoes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I was a teenager FSU had a stranglehold on the hardcore scene in my area. When you went to a show you never knew if it’d be peaceful or if 30-year-old straight edge dudes the size of barn doors would be walking around waiting for someone to look at them sideways so they could brain em’. A lot of the drinkers were emo kids immersed in nerd culture who wouldn’t hurt anybody. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only straight edgers/sober people I met in the punk scene were nice guys more into stoner rock than anything, ironically, and also dorky wrestling fans like myself. One of those groups named themselves Dino Bravo! Our old scene was real drunk and druggy though (and unfortunately most all of my bandmates ended up being total pieces of shit). All the punk houses and the bands fell under the weight of the addictions of the residents and other, way worse things. Never any violence except for behind closed doors... There is still all ages spots around town but I don't really know what's up these days. Being a college town helps. 

Punk to me seems like the kind of dude whos entire music collection is Epitaph Records bands. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1