Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan


Elsalvajeloco

Recommended Posts

Moving stuff to it's own thread because it's the 4th of the month and I've been busy doing Labor Day parties and such.  

Also, I can't wait for... let's say LA Knight to win Rumble '24 and right before he challenges Roman, we hear: 

Look in my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes, what do you see...

---

 

Also, if any comment in DVDVR history deserves to lead off a thread.... take a bow @Elsalvajeloco

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever happened with TK & Punk must’ve been pretty bad if they’ve chosen to terminate him immediately rather than just send him home for the duration of his deal. 
 

Also, it feels like Adam Copeland’s asking price just went way up, and so did Mercedes’ if she hasn’t signed already. AEW is going to be just fine, but they’re gonna need star power for Collision…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Moving stuff to it's own thread because it's the 4th of the month and I've been busy doing Labor Day parties and such.  

Also, I can't wait for... let's say LA Knight to win Rumble '24 and right before he challenges Roman, we hear: 

Look in my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes, what do you see...

---

 

Also, if any comment in DVDVR history deserves to lead off a thread.... take a bow @Elsalvajeloco

Elsalvajeloco: Thrillseeker. Sex Symbol. Trendsetter. Also, certified member of the psychic friends network.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, just drew said:

Whatever happened with TK & Punk must’ve been pretty bad if they’ve chosen to terminate him immediately rather than just send him home for the duration of his deal. 
 

Also, it feels like Adam Copeland’s asking price just went way up, and so did Mercedes’ if she hasn’t signed already. AEW is going to be just fine, but they’re gonna need star power for Collision…

Meltzer says my man, Bryan Danielson will mainly be on Collison now.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And that’s the right move. But it still needs more. If you’re gonna reset, reset. With Copeland, you’re getting some crossover appeal (probably not as many as Phil, but people watch Vikings), without the penchant for punching co-workers. Mercedes is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. We

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Elsalvajeloco: Thrillseeker. Sex Symbol. Trendsetter. Also, certified member of the psychic friends network.

These member titles just write themselves.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer says my man, Bryan Danielson will mainly be on Collison now.

You could get a lot of mileage out of a HOB/BCC feud. You probably still need Bryan and Mox to work some Dynamites from time to time, but that gives you a strong base for Collision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, just drew said:

And that’s the right move. But it still needs more. If you’re gonna reset, reset. With Copeland, you’re getting some crossover appeal (probably not as many as Phil, but people watch Vikings), without the penchant for punching co-workers. Mercedes is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. We

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony Khan is an incompetent manager. How on earth he didn't meet Jungle Boy at the curtain for his unprofessional nonsense is beyond me. He allowed the inmates to run the asylum (pardon the cliche) and Punk, who by all accounts just wanted to do good business has effectively been bullied by a bunch of dweebs right in front of everybody. Bullying in the workplace is often done by a pack of insufferable little cry babies. Constant attempt of undermining and whispering campaigns - its full blown coward behaviour and these feckless little tools involved did it constantly. And got beat up for it. Because Tony couldn't manage it. 

Embarrassing. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

I'd add to this that he was damaged even further by aspects of his return run (first match back was an all-time dog, got punked out in the WM main event with Roman, did the heel turn with Judgment Day nobody asked for and was quickly overshadowed by Balor anyway who was much more effective in the role). I would still pay a lot to bring him in because he's a star and it would be news and you can do a lot with him and Christian and the Hardyz' history and elevate some guys who aren't 50 but I agree, he's not going to be a player long term. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

You’d be doing for the short term, imo. I don’t think you need to build a show around him so much as you need to mete the damage done by losing Punk. It would make noise in the wrestling & tv industry. Also, you don’t need him to wrestle very often. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TerjeRUN said:

Tony Khan is an incompetent manager. How on earth he didn't meet Jungle Boy at the curtain for his unprofessional nonsense is beyond me. He allowed the inmates to run the asylum (pardon the cliche) and Punk, who by all accounts just wanted to do good business has effectively been bullied by a bunch of dweebs right in front of everybody. Bullying in the workplace is often done by a pack of insufferable little cry babies. Constant attempt of undermining and whispering campaigns - its full blown coward behaviour and these feckless little tools involved did it constantly. And got beat up for it. Because Tony couldn't manage it. 

Embarrassing. 

Guys! We found Punk’s Socko account!

So anyway, Cornette is slagging off Tony Khan for the “I was in fear for my life” thing. He should be supportive of it. If your whole deal is “Old School, Protect the Business, Kayfabe lives!”, the idea that a non-wrestler thinks that being physically attacked by a wrestler carries a high risk of serious (or even fatal) injury should be a dream come true for you.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...