DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Agent?

Yup

Meltzer had said this in the last WON

The Dudleys may not be doing a lot of indie stuff as there is talk of Devon taking a job as an agent with WWE while Bubba would continue to work as a single on the indies, and both would continue to co-own their Florida wrestling school.

2 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

They need to start airing vignettes where Graves is sitting in a outdoor cafe in Brooklyn and acting like the douchiest Hipster ever.  In the vignettes he should lecture the fans on how all his clothing is made from recycled cotton and the chi latte he's drinking is from locally sourced beans.

They need to air a vignette where Vince is having a meeting with arena management, and Corey bursts in and announces he's staging a sit-in protest because the arena doesn't use "low flow" toilets and thus is hurting the environment.

Eventually, because Graves can't take bumps anymore, this will lead to the return of the Great Khali as Graves' personal "Enforcer of Political Correctness" where it will be a running gag that Khali will show up and beat the shit out of whoever is offending Graves' personal sense of Hipster Right or Wrong.

Example: As Michael Cole welcomes us to Raw, Corey will interrupt and point out that Cole is drinking a soda instead of healthy water, and Khali will then show up and chokeslam Cole through the announcers table

You don't even know what a hipster is.

IXzli8.gif

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

RE:Hipster gimmicks

I still believe that obnoxious moustache wearing, craft beer snob, fixed-gear bicycle riding dirt bags is the natural evolution of the Vaudevillain gimmick and the way to save them from jobber purgatory.

I see them bringing in Jack Gallagher and forming a smashingly good trio after they get Regal's blessing. One learns a proper Regal Stretch, another develops a righteous Knee Trembler. The third bring cronuts.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Fashion-wise, Corey looks like the top picks on his Spotify are Tiger Army and Necromantix so he's probably more of a psychobilly poseur than a hipster if you need to define his standing in the world. 

(I love Tiger Army, fuck you)

Corey is obviously a Tool fan, as his indy name was Sterling James Keenan, with the James Keenan part coming from Maynard James Keenan. 

My guess behind the inspiration of the Corey Graves name has always been Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stone Sour and former Misfits singer, Michael Graves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Corey is obviously a Tool fan, as his indy name was Sterling James Keenan, with the James Keenan part coming from Maynard James Keenan. 

My guess behind the inspiration of the Corey Graves name has always been Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stone Sour and former Misfits singer, Michael Graves.

I'm cool with the Tool thing but if his second name was really inspired by those two tools (heh) then he has way worse taste in music than I thought

God I hate Michale Graves. That Conservativepunk.com motherfucker... sorry, I sing in a Misfits cover band that is Danzig only, so I hold a grudge. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zev said:

I see them bringing in Jack GALLAGHER and forming a WATERMELON smashingly good trio after they get Regal's blessing. One learns a proper Regal Stretch, another develops a righteous Knee Trembler. The third bring cronuts.

I just needed to make a joke for myself to enjoy today, carry on.

• Like 1