DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

14 hours ago, zev said:

I see them bringing in Jack GALLAGHER and forming a WATERMELON smashingly good trio after they get Regal's blessing. One learns a proper Regal Stretch, another develops a righteous Knee Trembler. The third bring cronuts.

I just needed to make a joke for myself to enjoy today, carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Teaching head chef Paige that not every food item should be boiled or deep-fried is taking longer than expected.

That's the problem. With Paige going back to the 'E, Alberto doesn't have a head chef now. 

Perhaps Senor Benjamin would like to add master of the culinary arts to his credentials. 

• Like 4

Well...it started as a few of us throwing around the idea of pooling resources and doing a Q&A type deal with a legend on the Friday of Survivor Series weekend at a venue we would have for little to no cost. And then I ran into a friend at the TFC game last night and told him about the idea, a guy who has friends on the WWE roster who has got me comped tickets to many events in the past. He said he probably could be able to get someone for our event, given the logistics work and the price is right. So everything is still pretty vague right now...I thought I'd throw it out here just to gauge interest.

Did Jim Johnston ever have a year of creating wrestling themes as good as CFO$'s 2016? Off the top of my head, I'm not sure that he did. Maybe 1992, which I'm pretty sure includes Razor and HBK (the original Sherri version, which actually made sense instead of Michaels singing that song about himself). I'm a personal fan of 1993 (Kona Crush, Narcissist Luger, Evil Doink), but I don't think it has a patch on 2016 CFO$. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Jimmy Hart wrote Sexy Boy. He's actually said it's the greatest accomplishment of his career. 

Huh, I did not know that was Jimmy Hart. 

Jimmy Hart is awesome.