DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

16 hours ago, madsplash said:

Eh, I'm friends with FFMF girl on Facebook. She's a smart girl with a sense of humor, really don't get why so many people get worked up about what she does. Especially because the dude that did it on here is the second person I've seen vaguely threaten her over what her signs say.

My observations, since you brought me up (spoiler ed for length and because some people may not give a shit and not want this interfering with other general discussion):

Eh, I've come to the conclusion that she's a troll, especially when:

- some guy in the Facebook thread she showed up in made a comment that it would suck for any families, esp. his own, to have to deal with such a blatantly obnoxious attempt at attention, only for this Felicia chick and one of her male followers to turn around and call the guy a child molester;

- same guy that supported her by calling this other guy a child molester is on her personal FB page blatantly pandering to give her a ride to an NXT show, and she obliges by leading him on with suggestions that she might take him up on it;

- she complains about her complainers by labeling them with the dreaded SJW tag, then hides behind the "I don't know what's wrong with this because guys do this constantly," which us in itself SJWing;

- yet, despite, as she said she had documented evidence of guys doing this "all the time," asked for evidence of someone holding a sign saying something as offensive as "Face fuck me Bayley," she can't pony up & retreats from the discussion;

- she retreats from any discussion presenting a reasoned argument against her behavior, opting instead to go toe-to-toe only with the sexists and chauvinists that call her a "rat" or make lewd comments;

- I didn't even vaguely threaten her; "catch problems" could mean a complaint to security, a complaint to NXT staff or officials, or, if I had my kid in tow, asking her in person to explain "face fucking" to my kid ... I mean, this shit really isn't alright, and Felicia invites people to come up and argue with her, which explains a lot about who she is as a person;

- she makes a blatant play for people to come up to her and take pictures with her and her signs, which really aren't all that clever - the equivalent of a petulant child hollering "fuck" in public for the shock value - and she has a store to which she often directs people who support her (online supporters for the most part, guys who probably think that if she identifies their support that means that she'd fuck them too, so,we'll does she wear her "slut" costume).

She's basically a cam girl, a 6 at best without the shitty personality getting in the way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

What I don't get is you've created an above set tv network with no commercials. You have the pressure of producing content to grow your subscriber base and keep your subscriber base happy. A cartoon like camp wwe looks expensive and how many subscribers are you going to bring in? 10? Does the market for this even exist?

Yeah, I don't get the logic behind this show either. I would guess you could gain/retain way more subscribers just by paying one guy to upload finished wrestling shows you already own. I'm not a businessman, though.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

What's an SJW?

Super Jonny Walters, he plays for Stoke City and the Republic of Ireland.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

It's basically PC Principal.

latest?cb=20151101193358

It's too bad it wouldn't happen, but Ryder turning heel because of all the shit that's happened to him and he along with Mojo essentially becoming the PC Bro's could be amazing. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE BRO!!!

• Like 2

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:11 PM, joseph2112 said:

And I think the Cena boos are more about the character than anything. It turns out "We are sick of your character and wish you would do something to change it up"-clap-clap-clapclapclap is tough to get going at a show. 

So its "you can't wrestle" instead.

Please-turn-heel, is pretty easy to chant. Does anyone know the comparison between Hulk Hogan merch sales between his 80s run and NWO turn? I get WWE doesn't want to turn Cena but it wasn't like Hogan died went he went bad guy. It would probably sell a ton of merch because the smarks would be happy they could finally get everyone booing him or something like that.

Is the inevitable Roman vs Cena for the title going to turn into Brock Goldberg 2.0?

"Please turn heel" would be the smarkiest of smarky chants and grade A number 1 the worst.

I remember watching TNA a loooong time ago; Jarrett and his crew were in the ring and the smark fans were chanting "drop the belt."  So Jarret smirks and literally drops the belt on the mat, then picks it up and laughs.  Jarrett gets a pass forever in my book for clowning those goofs.

• Like 6

The singing at Bayley stuff is the worst, not because it is objectifyng her (although a case could be made), but because it's super fucking embarrassing.

It's just the most cringe worthy shit and I think it's here to stay.  Awful.

• Like 6

You can say what you want about the songs for her, but no way is that the worst.  There's been way too much in the past of "Show your tits!" chants and stuff about Puppies that there's no way those songs are anywhere near that level.  I can see them being annoying and pointless, especially in the London Takeover match.  But objectifying?  Nope, not seeing it.

I also love how people think the "Hey, we want some Bayley!" is clearly them saying they want her bad.  It didn't even start with her, it started with New Day.  And that was just them goofing on a song where if you knew what it was about you went "Oh, shit!"  And I guarantee you that not that many in the crowd know or even care about its origins, they see it as something fun to sing to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dewar said:

The shitheads on the night after Mania 31 chanting "You suck (insert significant others name here)" is far worse than anything else I can remember being chanted at a WWE event.

We'd have to dig deep to find much worse.  I don't recommend doing such digging.

That I can't 100% rule out that something worse hasn't been said is quite sad.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dewar said:

The shitheads on the night after Mania 31 chanting "You suck (insert significant others name here)" is far worse than anything else I can remember being chanted at a WWE event.

Jeez, how did I forget that?  Excellent example, and that shit was last year.  Some people can be the fucking worst.

• Like 1

He apparently flopped on his face and was bleeding, then couldn't make it to the bathroom by himself to get cleaned up.

It was one thing when he was just screwing things up for himself with WWE, but  now he's hurting Charlotte.