DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Pamela has better chances of getting into the HOF than Ken does.

As for her and Arn, I want to say there's maybe a bad joke to be had about them both working snug, but I'm drawing a blank on the phrasing.

13 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Gene Anderson vs Ken Anderson

Gene vs Paul Orndorff

How was Orndorff not the touring babyface NWA champ by the mid-80s? Awesome seller and easily seems like the next top babyface. I though this match was really good. Gene didn't do anything special but he really didn't need to as the crowd bought it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zev said:

Pamela has better chances of getting into the HOF than Ken does.

As for her and Arn, I want to say there's maybe a bad joke to be had about them both working snug, but I'm drawing a blank on the phrasing.

Arn was in the Four Horsemen and Pamela... Eh, never mind.

On 4/23/2016 at 10:02 AM, The Nature Boy said:

Did you not see that one Thunder where Nash did color? So did he. 

Of course, he was also shooting but you know.......

How's Meng gonna lose after they gave him a sweet video package like that?

Old Glory!

So my girlfriend is texting me. She's so bored she's playing WWE2k16. She's coming out with a couple of zingers despite not being much of a wrestling fan.

firstly she's looking at downloading some CAWs. 

"Why have people made the Dudley Boys? WHY?! GET THE TABLES... and pack them up along with your wassaaaap shtick"

then

"dolph ziggler is kicking my arse. That's when you know you're bad. I've hit rock bottom"

and I thought she only paid attention to the new day. 

EDIT: she downloaded an Ethan Klein (h3h3) CAW. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

So my girlfriend is texting me. She's so bored she's playing WWE2k16.

None of my business, I don't know if this is long distance or if you're maybe a young kid or something, but if a girl texts me telling me how bored she is, I'm breaking landspeed records getting to her place.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

None of my business, I don't know if this is long distance or if you're maybe a young kid or something, but if a girl texts me telling me how bored she is, I'm breaking landspeed records getting to her place.

My girlfriend sometimes will text me that she's bored when she's at places I can't go (like work). But yeah, if my girlfriend were playing WWE 2K16 then I'd assume that she's in a place that I could get to.

Of course, Mr. Harm might be at work or in a place where he can't leave. 

33 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

thirsty much?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rzombie1988 said:

How was Orndorff not the touring babyface NWA champ by the mid-80s? Awesome seller and easily seems like the next top babyface. I though this match was really good. Gene didn't do anything special but he really didn't need to as the crowd bought it.

Orndoff was an underrated talent and was a better heel than face. I don't know if he should've gotten a WWF Title run during Hulkamania but if he didn't have his injury issues, he would've easily been a great Intercontinental Champion. 

I'd say that Orndorff should have won the SNME cage match against Hogan, but IIRC it was too close to WM 3 and the Andre match to do a quick switch and switch back. 

Orndorff's '95 WCW run post-Gary Spivey pep talk is a brief period of super-fun TV matches and then the badass Horsemen attack that went nowhere since Orndorff's neck was fucked. Actually, that's my favorite Orndorff run, as brief as it is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

good for you, man. 

Edit: can't a dude take a damn break every now and then?

I saw this thing pop up in my FB feed and I didn't have time to check it out in full: What's the deal with, apparently, a female fan showing up to NXT shows with signs that appeared to say "FINNgerbang me" and "Face Fuck Me FINN."  I mean, not to be all "But think about the children," but seriously, if I have to explain to my 7yo daughter what "fingerbang" - misspelled or no - means, someone's gonna catch problems.