DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

RIC FLAIR INCIDENT AT BOSTON AIRPORT: WHAT DID AND DID NOT HAPPEN
By Mike Johnson on 2016-04-27 12:20:00
We have received a lot of emails regarding Ric Flair being allegedly arrested this morning at Logan Airport in Boston, MA following photos of Flair being tended to by TSA authorities and medical personell began making the rounds on social media.

Flair was not arrested at any point, but was held off his morning flight.  He is currently in the airport waiting for a later flight home to Atlanta, GA.

We are told by one source that prior to the photos making the rounds, Flair slipped over his luggage at the gate and hit his head, which is why he was checked out by medical personell.

There are other stories going around (and I am sure these will not shock anyone who knows of Flair's penchant for being the "Nature Boy") that Flair had been allegedly out partying all night and that, added to an early morning flight, played into the situation.    It's quite possible (and I'm even say likely) that was a factor, but I can't say for sure.

I can however, confirm that at no point, was Flair taken into custody or arrested.

Flair has a senior moment when he falls and can't get up, but attributes it to his lifestyle as admitting he's getting old and feeble instead of being able to party all night would be as damaging to his reputation as someone losing a barfight in an 80s deep south territory.

1 hour ago, nate said:

If I could do gifs, TNA Sting would be right here saying, "I agree!"

Works same as putting a picture in.  Copy image address and paste here, should show up automatically before you post.

And I know this is Flair we're talking about, but it's sad to see him like this anymore.  Honestly, I thought he was going to only be there until Wrestlemania and that was it.  Now I wish that was the case.  I'd use him Sunday then after that that's it for him.

2 hours ago, Dewar said:

The shitheads on the night after Mania 31 chanting "You suck (insert significant others name here)" is far worse than anything else I can remember being chanted at a WWE event.

I don't know.  I think the ECW fans singing Camptown Races to Francine may be a strong challenger. 

Naitch needs to fire his agent.  Saying "he's been working around the clock for a month now" is a terrible excuse for this behavior. "There was an exceptionally long line for Space Mountain last night, and Ric was up all night giving rides" is the only appropriate excuse.  Kayfabe, damn it.

Going back a few pages to the discussion about Cena chants, as long as the crowds would rather chant against Cena than for Cena's opponent, Cena's keeping the Being John Cena Championship.

At this point, I think Cena would get straight up cheered against Reigns, but it's also possible the crowd would turn into the Rumble crowd during that Orton/Cena match.

22 minutes ago, Tromatagon (Casey Nielsen) said:

Guys, the Disorderly Conduct they detained Flair for was Mean Mike and Tough Tom.  They just wanted to say hello.

Who the fuck is "Tomatogun?"

Come on this is Ric Flair we're talking about. Even at 67 and being up all night and being on the tail end of a bender in Boston this was not drunk Ric Flair.

Okay on the serious side, Flair probably needs some serious therapy. between Reid, his failed marriages, and probably the biggest thing in his life the fact that he was sold as a baby (he says he doesn't care who his birth family is). The guy has some serious issues.

• Like 1