DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Roddy Piper

Terry Funk

Dusty Rhodes

Didn't have to think much about this one.  Sad that two of them are gone, still hard to let that sink in.

While it would have been fantastic to drink with them, I can say I drunk with The Briscoes and Papa Briscoe in one of the first shows they did at Du Burns Arena in Baltimore.  My now-wife and friends went with me and she just adored them.  We drank shots of Wild Turkey, and they were impressed she drank that with no problem.  They were cool as can be, and Papa was so much fun to be around.  And I found out the hard way no matter what you drive say you drove a Dodge.  Told Mark I had a Honda and he had the big eyes going on and was getting animated.   Shit, if I happen to see Jay at a show he still remembers me from that.  It might not have been throwing shit around and getting in fights, but it's a time I'll never forget.  Past that, I've seen Roderick Strong at damn near every after party I've gone to and it's always good to see him.  I don't know if they still do ROH after parties when they go around, but damn do I miss them.

1) Bayley

2) Paige

3) AJ Lee

picking three tiny women, just in case one of them gets belligerent, plus it's three women, one a bit crazy.  Something might happen.

Sound theory but with Paige I'd say there's two crazy women in the group.  Bayley would probably be designated driver.

Oh man, my "Getting Blotto with Wrestlers" Team... man, where do I even start?

1. Ray Stevens

2. Jake Roberts 

3. Dick Murdoch

They bar brawl alone would be insane!

James

I had a few beers with Jake once in 2010, during one of his dark periods. It wasn't pretty. Actually fairly uncomfortable. The marks kept buying him alcohol and he kept consuming it. Highlight of the night was him smoking a cigarette through his nostril. Lowlight was him then proceeding to scream for cocaine at the bar. I'm glad to see he's been able to turn things around.

002.jpg

In Jericho's first book he alludes to alot of strange pairings of people hanging out in WCW, due to the vast and eclectic roster. Of course the top guys only hungout with the top guys and Flair had his own crew but the mid card all seemed to hangout with one another mainly at the Worldwide tapings at Downtown Disney after the shoots.

I feel like there were fewer cuts in that Katz match than in your typical WWE match, which often seems to cut every move.

That being said, it was definitely unpleasant to watch, between the camera work, direction, lighting, and that awful crowd.

I feel like Lucha Underground is everything the Katz project wanted to be.

I didn't know Jimmy Hart ever had a match in the WWF even if it was a battle royal.  Did Slick ever have a match there as 'Slick'?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/790983338/wrestling-revolution/comments

Not sure Katz actually did refund any money.  Latest comment is from January of this year.  I know he issued a statement a few years ago saying that he would but he also said he was going to release what was shot for free and that never happened.

The velvet ropes on top of the ramp.  You can have one or the other not both.

Ben, go read Doc's filecard and get back to me

I don't recall his pacifism ever being brought up in the cartoons or comics much less being any kind of issue.

Lifeline on the other hand, even though his action figure came armed with a Glock, most of his appearances feature him whining about his opposition to violence and guns and even going so far as to refuse to grab hold of one just to get pulled out of a trap full of piranhas.  His convictions often leading to him getting himself and his teammates captured by the enemy and blowing the mission.  That red and white jumpsuit wearing Strawberry Shortcake looking motherfucker is the worst.

• Like 1