DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I was planning on watching the Royal Rumble after work, without being spoiled. I log onto Facebook, and the first thing I see is the victor of the Royal Rumble in the trending section.

The fuck?

Yep.  Same thing, just as I was closing my browser to watch it.  The fuck indeed.  Mind you, there was absolutely no way the guy in a potential summer blockbuster which comes out pretty much at Mania wasn't going to win the damn thing.  But still. The fuck!?

Has no one pointed out that Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't come out until AUGUST?!

One of my Wrestlemania ending ideas is CM Punk, having defeated Kane earlier in the show, coming out to congratulate champion Daniel Bryan, raising arms triumphantly and hugging before Punk turns on Bryan and beats him down.

Fixed.

Today is my 20th anniversary as a wrestling announcer. I want to thank all of you for helping me expand my wrestling knowledge, especially when I started with Ring of Honor, because I had never watched an ROH show before I started working there. To celebrate, I made this video called The Four Steps to Becoming a Great Pro Wrestling Announcer. I filmed it on the playground as an homage to Raven's ECW promos. I hope you enjoy it.

http://bit.ly/1jnIZuZ

• Like 2

KENTA would have to change both of his finishers, unfortunately, since D-Bry jacked the Busaiku knee.

They could bring him in as the Japanese master that taught Bryan, and Punk their most powerful moves. Who has now sold out to the Authority for money, and fame.

• Like 3

KENTA would have to change both of his finishers, unfortunately, since D-Bry jacked the Busaiku knee.

They could bring him in as the Japanese master that taught Bryan, and Punk their most powerful moves. Who has now sold out to the Authority for money, and fame.

You know......that's actually not a terrible idea. I can never tell when you're being a wiseacre or not, but this would be a great way to use him.

Apparently George Scott passed away - at least according to a Mike Johnson tweet I just saw

I thought this said George South at first read.  I was about to walk out into the cold and wait to die.