DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Put #YESMovement in Twitter and see what comes up. It's glorious. People are talking about leading protests and stuff like that. I'm friggin' psyched for Raw tonight for SMARK BACKLASH! This is being covered by the BBC of all media outlets. This is really genius.

I saw the end of the Rumble. I have no idea what happened before the final run between Batista and Reigns. But Batista was clearly working as a heel during the end run. He was gloating and won after Reigns speared him and was excitedly trying to throw him out -- a clean win, but a subtle b.s. win. They might not have wanted Dave to flip off a child because of the PG rules but clearly he was supposed to heel it up after his big win last night. Also, HHH was pretty good in his last weekly interview about Batista -- "It's not that hard to imagine him as the face of the company." And Dave came out as a TOTAL douche w/ his outfit last week.

Mick Foley slamming the Rumble made it onto TMZ.

BACKLASH~!

• Like 1

The anchor being like, "so some people think you guys are in cahoots with the champ Punk" was awesome.

Dude must have been like "Oh great, some fucking wrestlers on the show today? Ugh, let's see *takes 20 seconds to skim through the top half of The Shield's Wikipedia page* OK, yeah, whatever, let's get this over with."

Ambrose somehow being even more sleazy in his media appearances totally saved that bit.  "You think I would hang out in a room with CM Punk, Wayne?" followed by "In fact, why don't you and her switch places."  

That magnificent bastard had them rattled.

I'd like to think that the newsroom has a union hair stylist, and when Ambrose showed up she called her shop steward over unsafe working conditions.

Take two, this time even a little worse:

I'd like to think that the newsroom has a union hair stylist, and when Ambrose showed up she called her shop steward over unsafe working conditioners.

Oh, yes.  That was the spot.

• Like 4

A quick trip through the Google-machine still has stuff about Sting going to WWE.  Nothing about resigning with TNA at all.  For what its worth.

Right, because I just made up my post. Unless some shady guy approached Pete and told him the Sting rumor, there's no reason to not mention where you're getting your news.

Same with the "I hear Foley's facebook post was planned" guy.

Re: The Slam Jam album.  On the last Nitro dvd that came out, Sting's music was dubbed over.  I read that the guy who worked on this album has a claim to the music and WWE didn't want to pay out royalties.  Not sure if that got resolved.  I'm hoping they have as many music issues ironed out for the Network as possible.

Sting owns the rights to his name, right? 

from what i've read, yes he does. To the point where he lets Sting the Musician use the name without any hassle

What if it actually The Police Sting that is joining WWE? Swerved.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't read this, because that's what I assumed we were talking about.

So there's this news bit going around. In any other industry, there would probably be monopoly charges thrown around.

WWE is already taking steps against outside promotions running events for WrestleMania 31 weekend in Santa Clara, California. As part of their deal running in the market, WWE has locked in a no-compete with all city-owned facilities int he area as well as several large hotel chains.

Promoters who usually run conventions and wrestling shows during WrestleMania week have been told that the non-competes won't allow any wrestling events to be held in those venues.

Credit PW Insider