DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I hope tonights crowd does everything they can to Ape last nights apperence.

Just be total dicks to anything Batista and Orton do.

...or they could go 'super-meta' and pop for everything Orton and Batista do, you know ironically. :P

I'm actually looking forward to Raw tonight, it has the potential to either be great or a flat out train wreck.

My WCW Facebook page exploded recently with new followers and a lot of them are vocal with their odd opinions and truths.

My favorite is the guy who said the WWE signed Sting a week ago, but they're currently renaming him so that the WWE can own his new name and persona. Technically he's kinda right, I think this stems from a dirt sheet report of the WWE thinking of new monikers for Sting (like "A Man Called Sting") but still... HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE IF STING GOT NXT'IFIED!?!

Rob Bartlett makes these early RAWs unwatchable. Forget scrubbing Benoit out of matches, they should have started with scrubbing Bartlett's audio and moved on from there.

Speaking of RAW, I wonder, if the Sting stuff is true, how much a Sting debut tonight would defuse any crowd determination to dislike or disrupt the show. 

New as opposed to "The Man Called Sting" that he's been using since the mid-90s?

I believe that was the example given in that story -- they're running through a list of monikers to give him. It'd be weird to go back to that, even weirder to even see him in WWE.

Rob Bartlett makes these early RAWs unwatchable. Forget scrubbing Benoit out of matches, they should have started with scrubbing Bartlett's audio and moved on from there.

Speaking of RAW, I wonder, if the Sting stuff is true, how much a Sting debut tonight would defuse any crowd determination to dislike or disrupt the show. 

unless Sting shows up and immediately attacks Daniel Bryan

So Bautista/Daniel Bryan tonight, heel beatdown, then Sting shows up. Not sure if he's too old to zipline from the Titantron to the ring

New as opposed to "The Man Called Sting" that he's been using since the mid-90s?

I believe that was the example given in that story -- they're running through a list of monikers to give him. It'd be weird to go back to that, even weirder to even see him in WWE.

My vote is for "The Man They Call Sting". It worked for them when they debuted Vader

did the WWE get the rights to 1992-ish WCW theme songs like "Man Called Sting" when they bought the fed? I know some of the WCW themes that went directly over to the WWE were stock music (Booker T's theme)

So what's the Vegas line on the Sting debut being undertaken in a way where fans think it's the Undertaker, before they just die because it's not the Undertaker and Cleveland wasn't WCW turf? 

"Man Called Sting" is an awesome theme, but it wasn't even the best new theme on Slam Jam.

That honor would go to Rick Rude's theme:

Then...I guess after Rude and Sting, all those new themes went straight downhill.
  • Like 3

Rumblings are that Sting has signed with WWE.

PLEASE BE REAL.

I want to see Bray do the Spider Walk at Sting and Sting respond by pounding his fucking chest and flexing.

The only thing that would be better if Macho Man were to elbow Wyatt mid walk.

I would presume that if WWE has indeed signed Sting, we will get maybe an announcement tonight, but hype the appearance for the week before EC, no?  Isn't that the way WWE has been handling all their returns lately: Cena, Batista, Rock ? All of them, save Lesnar, have been heavily hyped in advance of their debuts.

I'm pretty excited for Raw. I have high hopes for a trainwreck.

God, I wish they were in Philly tonight. Chicago would be just as good. Cleveland is a nice third place option for hostile crowds, though.

Same here. Man I wish they were in Philly and Chicago like you, Craig H.

A bold move tonight would be Ambrose and Rollins turning on Reigns and Rusev joining them as the 3rd Shield member.

As for Sting if they did sign him and he's in Cleveland I say put him on TV and get the moment out of it. I'd even have him cut a a promo about being there for one reason, to end the Undertakers streak.

• Like 1