DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Oh, and while I don't have much to add to the DB snub talk, I did want to throw this out there. There's about a 1% chance of this being the case, but I feel like a lot of this is manufactured. It's giving WWE's writers way too much credit, but this is elevating DB way more than chasing for the belt alone would do. It's like someone figured out that the more DB is portrayed as being held down, almost becoming the living version of CM Punk's pipe bomb promo, the more he gets over. After Royal Rumble, things are at such a fever pitch that it's conceivable that they'll pull the trigger on DB sooner rather than later. Logically, this works, but WWE is rarely known for being logical. So more than likely this is vindictive booking at it's best/worst, but part of me holds out hope that someone came up with a different way of pushing DB. It's almost Paul Heyman-esque.

No, I think this is exactly what they're doing.

Look at what happened after Daniel Bryan was in The Wyatt Family for less than two weeks of Raw. The fans were deprived of their hero's spunk and the YES! chant and it ended up with the craziest reaction in years. Now you "deprive" the fans of an appearance, let alone victory, in the Royal Rumble? It's resulting in change.org petitions and an article on BBC.com.

That's been the case his whole career for some odd reason. Losing a match in 18 seconds? He erupts in popularity. Getting fired because of The Nexus? It leads to fans chanting his name.

D-Bry has ended Raw and/or PPVs almost every week since the spring. They've given him entire last hours of Raw. They knew what was going to happen if he didn't get in the Rumble. He dropped The Authority mention in some radio thing last week I saw. The tweet came out a few minutes after the Rumble ended. Brie (the star of their reality TV cash cow and link to non-wrestling fans) put stuff up on her Instagram. Paid WWE personality Mick Foley tweeted up.

They're really done a historic job w/ this work.

I wish I could go back to when I was this wide-eyed and innocent.

I am so glad I am not you.

Oh, and while I don't have much to add to the DB snub talk, I did want to throw this out there. There's about a 1% chance of this being the case, but I feel like a lot of this is manufactured. It's giving WWE's writers way too much credit, but this is elevating DB way more than chasing for the belt alone would do. It's like someone figured out that the more DB is portrayed as being held down, almost becoming the living version of CM Punk's pipe bomb promo, the more he gets over. After Royal Rumble, things are at such a fever pitch that it's conceivable that they'll pull the trigger on DB sooner rather than later. Logically, this works, but WWE is rarely known for being logical. So more than likely this is vindictive booking at it's best/worst, but part of me holds out hope that someone came up with a different way of pushing DB. It's almost Paul Heyman-esque.

No, I think this is exactly what they're doing.

Look at what happened after Daniel Bryan was in The Wyatt Family for less than two weeks of Raw. The fans were deprived of their hero's spunk and the YES! chant and it ended up with the craziest reaction in years. Now you "deprive" the fans of an appearance, let alone victory, in the Royal Rumble? It's resulting in change.org petitions and an article on BBC.com. 

That's been the case his whole career for some odd reason. Losing a match in 18 seconds? He erupts in popularity. Getting fired because of The Nexus? It leads to fans chanting his name.

D-Bry has ended Raw and/or PPVs almost every week since the spring. They've given him entire last hours of Raw. They knew what was going to happen if he didn't get in the Rumble. He dropped The Authority mention in some radio thing last week I saw. The tweet came out a few minutes after the Rumble ended. Brie (the star of their reality TV cash cow and link to non-wrestling fans) put stuff up on her Instagram. Paid WWE personality Mick Foley tweeted up.

They're really done a historic job w/ this work.

Given WWE's successful track record of capitalizing on hot storylines in recent years, I can't help but agree with you.

Also, I want to add..

HADzH0r.png

You guys should read the observer part about Dbrine crying and crying on the radio about how he was used and then saying the company was moving forward with something called the Yes! Movement

And that it was an idea the Bellas had.

You're all getting worked by a Bella twin idea.

Time to reevaluate some shit, gents

C'mon man, let people get worked. You're like my dad walking in in the middle of Superstars on Saturday morning and saying "That shit's all fake, he didn't even hit him!"

There are rumblings that WWE is actually trading Daniel Bryan to TNA for Bobby Roode and the other guy from Beer Money that isn't actually that good. His name escapes me, I was too distracted by the rumblings.

• Like 1

C'mon man, let people get worked. You're like my dad walking in in the middle of Superstars on Saturday morning and saying "That shit's all fake, he didn't even hit him!"

There are rumblings that WWE is actually trading Daniel Bryan to TNA for Bobby Roode and the other guy from Beer Money that isn't actually that good. His name escapes me, I was too distracted by the rumblings.

Fair enough point. I'll sit back and enjoy it. It's really been awesome.

You guys should read the observer part about Dbrine crying and crying on the radio about how he was used and then saying the company was moving forward with something called the Yes! Movement

You should actually listen to the radio interview before making up stuff about how he was behaving.  I don't think any single moment can be construed as "crying."  He does his job the best that he can, and if he gets the glory, great.  If he doesn't, oh well.  I don't think he gives nearly the shit that 90% of us bitching about it do.

But yeah, he mentioned that his fiancee came up with the YesMovement, then was surprised that his merchandise suddenly had that hashtag on it.  So it's definitely a WWE-supported campaign.

• Like 1

I'll take sixteen.

This poll seems inconclusive.

Who should Daniel Bryanface at WrestleMania?
Undertaker
77      22.9%     
HHH
63      18.8%     
Randy Orton
52      15.5%     
Batista
40      11.9%     
John Cena
33      9.8%     
Brock Lensar
24      7.1%     
C.M. Punk
18      5.4%     
Sheamus
11      3.3%     
Bray Wyatt
7      2.1%     
Roman Reigns
4      1.2%     
Seth Rollins
4      1.2%     
Dean Ambrose
3      0.9%     

Number of Voters      :  336

I would totally believe WWE had planned this reaction except for the fact that they have been pretty terrible at planning anything for awhile now.

They might change directions here, sure, but not because they planned this. Trying to put the pieces together for some convoluted "We'll get Bryan WAY over by only pretending to fail to push him and also trolling the crowd" does not work because the pieces don't fit. Heck, they took forever to just throw their hands up and acknowledge that a portion of the crowd actively hates on John Cena. They don't have the kind of patience or foresight to make a long-term plan to get people behind Bryan work. 

I tend to believe that WWE went into the Royal Rumble expecting this sort of reaction, but will be incompetent when it comes to finding a way to make something out of it.

I was joking before, but I really wonder if they could get some form of Punk/Bryan vs DX at Wrestlemania. HHH/HBK if they can get Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement, or if not then some handicap match against HHH and the New Age Outlaws, with maybe Michaels in their corner and possibly an X-Pac sighting. You can have an added bonus of Hulk Hogan in the corner of Punk and Bryan so that we can watch HBK be forced to pretend to be afraid of Hogan shaking his fist at him.

I'll take sixteen.

This poll seems inconclusive.

Who should Daniel Bryanface at WrestleMania?

Dean Ambrose

3      0.9%     

Number of Voters      :  336

Dean has better things to do than mess around with some curtain-jerker, jerks.

You should actually listen to the radio interview before making up stuff about how he was behaving.  I don't think any single moment can be construed as "crying."  He does his job the best that he can, and if he gets the glory, great.  If he doesn't, oh well.  I don't think he gives nearly the shit that 90% of us bitching about it do.

But yeah, he mentioned that his fiancee came up with the YesMovement, then was surprised that his merchandise suddenly had that hashtag on it.  So it's definitely a WWE-supported campaign.

Shit, it just occurred to me that this is how WWE is finally going to kill Bryan off once and for all. Bad booking won't do it, so they're going to start co-signing the YES stuff with their "YES Movement" merchandise and whatnot. Probably make a YES MOVEMENT Facebook page and push it on TV every other segment where kids can sign up and "join the movement." Generally just  make it uncool to keep doing that stuff. It's fun to do stuff like that and the Fandango dance when it's organic and fan-made, but when WWE starts pushing it down your throat and giving you t-shirts and saying "Hey guys, come on, chant YES along with us! Everyone is doing it! HAH HAH -- Look at the Universe getting into it! Isn't this great?!!?" it gets to be like, "ehh.. we'll pass."

Genius.

• Like 1

You should actually listen to the radio interview before making up stuff about how he was behaving. I don't think any single moment can be construed as "crying." He does his job the best that he can, and if he gets the glory, great. If he doesn't, oh well. I don't think he gives nearly the shit that 90% of us bitching about it do.

But yeah, he mentioned that his fiancee came up with the YesMovement, then was surprised that his merchandise suddenly had that hashtag on it. So it's definitely a WWE-supported campaign.

Shit, it just occurred to me that this is how WWE is finally going to kill Bryan off once and for all. They're going to start co-signing the YES stuff with their "YES Movement" and make it uncool to keep doing that stuff. It's fun to do stuff like that and that Fandango dance when it's organic and fan-made, but when WWE starts pushing it down your throat and giving you t-shirts and saying "Hey guys, come on, chant YES along with us! Isn't this great?!!?" it gets to be like, "ehh.. we'll pass."

Genius.

What!?