DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Rumblings are that Sting has signed with WWE.

PLEASE BE REAL.

I want to see Bray do the Spider Walk at Sting and Sting respond by pounding his fucking chest and flexing.

The only thing that would be better if Macho Man were to elbow Wyatt mid walk.

I would presume that if WWE has indeed signed Sting, we will get maybe an announcement tonight, but hype the appearance for the week before EC, no?  Isn't that the way WWE has been handling all their returns lately: Cena, Batista, Rock ? All of them, save Lesnar, have been heavily hyped in advance of their debuts.

I'm pretty excited for Raw. I have high hopes for a trainwreck.

God, I wish they were in Philly tonight. Chicago would be just as good. Cleveland is a nice third place option for hostile crowds, though.

Same here. Man I wish they were in Philly and Chicago like you, Craig H.

A bold move tonight would be Ambrose and Rollins turning on Reigns and Rusev joining them as the 3rd Shield member.

As for Sting if they did sign him and he's in Cleveland I say put him on TV and get the moment out of it. I'd even have him cut a a promo about being there for one reason, to end the Undertakers streak.

• Like 1

Just saw somewhere that Bryan and Foley's reactions to last night were both planned. And Extreme Rules is in Seattle, which takes place in May, aka the start of the summer. So whoever in whatever thread pointed that out in the haiku, my hat's off to you.

Just saw somewhere that Bryan and Foley's reactions to last night were both planned. And Extreme Rules is in Seattle, which takes place in May, aka the start of the summer. So whoever in whatever thread pointed that out in the haiku, my hat's off to you.

Source? Just curious...

HOLY SHIT, I had no idea Scott Keith was still doing SmarK Rants for WWE shows. I just randomly thought "Hmm, I would be interested to see what Scott Keith thought of the Rumble. I wonder if he's still around."

I remember like, 10 years ago dude was slowing down his reviews and complaining that it was too much work.

I guess, just like it's impossible for guys like Ric Flair to hang up their boots, it's impossible for a veteran wrestling show reviewer like Scott Keith to turn off the computer and put away the keyboard. 

Gotta say, his rants are A LOT less entertaining to me now than they were when I was 16.

• Like 2

did the WWE get the rights to 1992-ish WCW theme songs like "Man Called Sting" when they bought the fed? I know some of the WCW themes that went directly over to the WWE were stock music (Booker T's theme)

Anything off Slam Jam 1 came along when the WWE bought WCW.  Doesn't hurt that they guy that wrote all the songs is currently an Agent for WWE (Michael Hayes).  Plus anything Jimmy Hart wrote after 97 is fair game.  Only stuff that's off is any of the licenced stuff ("Seek and Destroy" ain't happening), or the stuff that was TBS stock stuff unless it was bought (Like Booker's theme).

Ambrose and Rollins do the news and things get.... WEIRD.  Right away.  I love you Dean.

http://vimeo.com/85149378

The anchor being like, "so some people think you guys are in cahoots with the champ Punk" was awesome.

Dude must have been like "Oh great, some fucking wrestlers on the show today? Ugh, let's see *takes 20 seconds to skim through the top half of The Shield's Wikipedia page* OK, yeah, whatever, let's get this over with."