DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

Enjoyed all the legends stuff. Fun segment beating up the Ascension. Sure they'll beat the Outlaws and get some heat back at the Rumble. I like the Outlaws so I'm glad to see them get used again, fun mini run last year. Great pop for the legends especially the APA. Awesome ending, surprised it didn't go longer on the overrun. Lesnar destroying everyone in sight ruled. Looking forward to Sting/HHH continuing.

Man seeing the NWO then DX and the APA in the same ring. I've gone back to 1997. There's so many things I need to warn people about...

Wait...it's 2015? SON OF A BITCH.

So I missed the first half of the show since I was asleep. I saw the Flair thing afterwards and I don't care if his body looks about 120 years old and he sweats more than Big E. It's always fun seeing him go old man crazy. Can't believe he didn't go for the Barron Von Bobbit claw hold. It was nice of HBK to get out of what ever duck blind he was in to be on the show though. Big Show should have punched him and finally fixed that googly eye of his.

After the ending of the show, they should have had Cena lose. Brock vs. Seth is the money match here. Cena is a third wheel that will steal a victory.

You really can't turn him heel. Look at this.

un1xMm1.gif

When I was about 20, my cousin 16 and my brother 12, WCW came to town for a Nitro (Note, this wasn't even good Nitro it was mid-Russo shitty shooty Nitro!), I had tickets but they didn't.  About an hour before the show, my cousin broke down and decided to buy him and my brother tickets, right after buying them, a guy in a suit came out and asked if they were coming to the show tonight, they said yes and the man said "Here, compliments of Mr. Goldberg!"  So, all night long, my brother and cousin are DIRECTLY behind the announce table, repeatedly on camera all night long, almost get trampled by the Harris Twins, have a piece of table go flying past their heads (If you ever watch an old Nitro, and see a guy point directly into the camera, then do the RVD point, that's my cousin!).  So, later that night, about 1 am or so, my mom goes past the room where my cousin was staying and sees he's still up, she goes in and asks him "Can't sleep?" and my cousin replies "Auntie Liz, that was the greatest night of my life!"

I was reminded of this, tonight, when I saw Cena grab that kid and hug him.  I thought "My God, that kid just had the greatest moment of his life."  And that is why, I may get bored with occasionally, I may get disgusted with it occasionally, but I will never completely not be a fan of pro wrestling.

• Like 14

Also, I thought the announcers did a good job tonight mentioning previous feuds and alliances. Booker mentioned Bryan and Bray's story from last year. And he also talked about Wade's leadership abilities and the Nexus.  Use the universe that you created.

Well, "announcers" is a stretch. Booker did a great job with that stuff, I agree, and has really enhanced the show so far. The other two are still oblivious to anything that didn't happen at the Sportatorium thirty years ago (JBL) or in a recap thirty seconds go (Cole).

Did someone really imply that they need those two idiots? Just because you need something to eat doesn't mean you should drive your fat ass to McDonalds to get a greasy as shit burger.

They just need to repackage them. If they are going to be a parody anyway, might as well go with being Mongols.

dopc85.jpg

Incidentally, if nobody can get a 7-foot-tall 500-pound giant over the top rope, shouldn't Big Show win the Rumble every year?

Yeah, people have been figuring out a way to do this in nearly every Rumble since 2000. I've been watching all the Rumbles to get hyped up for Sunday, and they always talk about how the big men have a huge advantage, when the only ones to ever win the Rumble are Studd, Yoko, and Taker.

It's like MMA (gasp). 

Everyone learns how to counter what works over time. So the big men only had a comparative advantage until after Studd. It was downhill after that. Really, Andre winning battle royals for 20 years probably did it. 

The Ascension should squash the NAO at the Rumble and then say, "Who's the joke now, bitches?"

These two Kratos /  God of War facepaint wearing sloppy wrestling rejects really need to be off of my television.

I felt badly for Flair.  The whole assault on Big Show thing was downright comical.  Big Show, however, continues to be awesome and bumps like a pinball for Reigns.  If his arm wasn't legit hurt by the apron flip, he sure sold it like it was riddled by gunfire.

I don't get people acting like The Ascension being used this way is some type of disaster. They're shit. They were shit in NXT and they're shit now. They've been in NXT for-fucking-ever, Conor signed in 2005 FFS and it was very much now or never so WWE might as well put them on the big show and see what happens because they need tag teams. I don't get the indignation for this one they're garbage and should be treated accordingly until they prove they aren't. I don't think this has anything to do with whatever feud people are talking about between NXT and the main roster and has everything to do with the fact that, simply, The Ascension are fucking awful.

They are awful but they're part of a line of ill used call-ups( see: Everyone but the Shield).

The fact that they were buried so thoroughly and gratuitously leads me to believe that this goes beyond the standard Kevin Dunn fuck-you to NXT. My guess is they were being punished for some breach of wrestling etiquette like not using the proper grip when shaking HHH's hand.

This legend stuff is going to get The Ascension over.

I'm sad because The Ascension's promos still have not led to the WWE return of either Demolition or Powers of Pain.

Here's how Demolition is looking these days. I doubt anybody wants to put them on TV in a match looking like this

zhkem4S.jpg

• Like 1

The show was good as a whole with some pretty great moments.  Loved Brock being Brock, Cena's reaction to winning, and Sting making an impactful cameo.  The main downside was not the Ascension getting "buried", but how old the nWo looked.  The rest looked relatively fine, but it hit me how long ago the Attitude Era was.  Fuck, I felt old seeing this.  But that was a helluva clothesline from JBL, always loved him doing that.  Gunn had a wicked tilt-a-whirl slam also.  Ascension needs to destroy them to make them even remotely worth a damn.

And I'm still wondering how you could possible turn Cena heel when you see stuff like that gif in this thread.  Him going in the crowd was awesome.

This legend stuff is going to get The Ascension over.

I'm sad because The Ascension's promos still have not led to the WWE return of either Demolition or Powers of Pain.

Here's how Demolition is looking these days. I doubt anybody wants to put them on TV in a match looking like this

zhkem4S.jpg

Bill Eadie is like a billion years old and I still wouldn't bet against him in a street fight.

• Like 2

Throw in the story of Triple H breaking character to comfort a crying kid during the main event...

Yeah, Mr. Make-A-Wish is NEVER going heel.

Here's the picture from Twitter:

B7w73NrIIAEwaFS.jpg

"Hail Hydra"

• Like 6

I don't get people acting like The Ascension being used this way is some type of disaster. They're shit. They were shit in NXT and they're shit now. They've been in NXT for-fucking-ever, Conor signed in 2005 FFS and it was very much now or never so WWE might as well put them on the big show and see what happens because they need tag teams. I don't get the indignation for this one they're garbage and should be treated accordingly until they prove they aren't. I don't think this has anything to do with whatever feud people are talking about between NXT and the main roster and has everything to do with the fact that, simply, The Ascension are fucking awful.

Then release them. Don't trot them out on TV every week and embarrass them. That's fucking bush league shit.

This. If they suck, don't put them out there every week and tell us they suck and make them look like idiots. It's just a big waste of time.

• Like 1

Just because it wasn't really addressed - the story with the kid is that he apparently lost his fucking mind when Triple H announced the stipulations that Cena had to go through. Like apparentely inconsable on the verge of a break down.

Obviously it was big enough of an issue that both Hunter and Steph broke character to settle him down. They also clearly made sure Cena knew where he was.

Just because it wasn't really addressed - the story with the kid is that he apparently lost his fucking mind when Triple H announced the stipulations that Cena had to go through. Like apparentely inconsable on the verge of a break down.

Obviously it was big enough of an issue that both Hunter and Steph broke character to settle him down. They also clearly made sure Cena knew where he was.

When i head about this, I was torn.  On the one hand I was like "Good on ya, WWE! Way to not be heartless!" and on the other hand I was like, "THE TEARS OF CHILDREN WATER THE GARDEN THAT IS KAYFABE~!"

WHO DRIED MY TEARS WHEN MACHO MAN CRUSHED RICKY STEAMBOAT'S VOICE BOX~?!  NO ONE, THAT'S WHO~!!!!

I think it was awesome and thoughtful of HHH (who is a dad himself) to console the kid personally, but I think he missed an opportunity to reduce Cena's legit heat by having Cena himself go out there and talk to the boy and give him the old, "SUPERSTARS CANNOT DO HEROIC THINGS WITHOUT FAN SUPPORT~!" line.

Cena going out into the crowd to celebrate the win with that kid fucking rocked.

• Like 13