DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

Hey just because we know that is was a complete burial doesn't mean we didn't enjoy watching it.

The only NXT act I'd rather see squashed worse than the Ascension is Mojo Rawley. If he weren't injured, I'd say slap some face paint on him, throw shoulder pads on, re-name him Vladimir, and squash the fuck out of him.

Hey just because we know that is was a complete burial doesn't mean we didn't enjoy watching it.

The only NXT act I'd rather see squashed worse than the Ascension is Mojo Rawley. If he weren't injured, I'd say slap some face paint on him, throw shoulder pads on, re-name him Vladimir, and squash the fuck out of him.

Lana and Rusev might object to someone named Vladmir running around WWE.

Incidentally, if nobody can get a 7-foot-tall 500-pound giant over the top rope, shouldn't Big Show win the Rumble every year?

It's like they really have forgotten all about Cesaro.

You mean the guy who ate a New Day pin to protect Tyson Kidd?

• Like 1

Well, there you go.

More importantly HOW ARE THE PORK CHOPS AND VEGGIE STIR FRY IN AUSTIN????

After tonight I thought I'd kinda like to see Sting vs Brock then I thought about how amazing 1992 Sting vs Brock would be, maybe better than the Vader matches.

The WWE needs heel teams since the Usos have beaten Goldust and Stardust and Miz and Mizdow several times now and I don't think the Matadors are turning anytime soon.

More importantly HOW ARE THE PORK CHOPS AND VEGGIE STIR FRY IN AUSTIN????

I imagine that Stone Cold probably fries some good pork shops. 

Man, I don't know. We just had the best ending to RAW in 8 months. Yeah, what happened to The Ascension kind of sucked but they aren't any good. Lets talk about Brock and Sting lol

I understand the enthusiasm but I missed the end because I didn't want to sit through another CenaWinsLOL that was totally telegraphed. It sounds like it was a good ending though

Scott Hall is 95% of the way to being the character Jon Voight played in ANACONDA. And the remaining 5% is pretty much just "being on a boat."

I don't understand the connection between those images and that music. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

Now I can imagine Scott Hall as Skinner.

I can't watch Daniel Bryan matches without feeling like a parent watching her kid play peewee football for the first time.  He just goes from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds and I'm just thinking, "Chill, man..this is just midlevel Raw match".  This dude goes all out.

It's partly because they're not overusing him (yet), but anyone who thought STING wouldn't get a strong reaction from the WWE audience is looking foolish right now.  Admittedly, I'm only pointing this out because I'm a nostalgic Sting fan, but whatever.  Worth it.

That ending was probably the most hype one I've seen from RAW in a long time, and you can tell they knew it would be by the way it was crafted.

Who are the Ascension?  Nevermind. I don't need to know.

Of course it is stupid logic but so is trying to replicate the Daniel Bryan WM run last year to the same damn letter and it isn't stopping them.

Which, of course, was the plan all along.

-----

"'I can tell you 100 percent for a fact that I was not supposed to be in the main event at WrestleMania 30,' Bryan said.  He said he initially was supposed to face Sheamus in the fifth or sixth match, but truly got the last laugh leading up to the show when fan reaction forced WWE’s hand."

Source:  Newsday.com

I can't help but think that Sting wasted 14 good years in TNA. I hate that we didn't get a physically healthy Sting in WWE.

If a broken down Undertaker can be trotted out once a year, WWE should be able to get a passable match with HHH out of Sting. Throw in a bunch of run-in's and plunder and you're set.

The Nature Boy, on 19 Jan 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

I can't help but think that Sting wasted 14 good years in TNA. I hate that we didn't get a physically healthy Sting in WWE. 

The most depressing thing about that is the fact that TNA has been around for 14 years.

• Like 2

Yeah, the time to do it was when they did the big WCW/WWE blowoff at Survivor Series. Not that I didn't enjoy Flair showing up  - I believe it was the next night actually - but the perfect scenario would've been Vince celebrating the death of WCW and Sting haunting him from the rafters. Of course, Vince was still in full "Everything WCW Sucks" mode at the time so if he did come over, he probably would've been treated like Goldberg.

Anyway, I loved this Raw. I legit have no idea whats going to happen at the Rumble so that's nothing but a positive. Although if they go the obvious route we've all been expecting for 6 months now, I'm pretty sure all my optimism will go right out the window.

The Nature Boy, on 19 Jan 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

The most depressing thing about that is the fact that TNA has been around for 14 years.

Yeah, my mistake. 

It took him 14 years since WCW died to finally show up in WWE. In the mean time, he was with WWA (remember THAT?) and then TNA. Sting needed a better agent.