DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

It's not anywhere near something like Bo Dallas losing clean to R-Truth then never being seen again.

The loss happened in July. Bo was heavily featured until his injury in late October.

Heavily featured on Superstars, maybe.

Here's Bo going over Mark Henry clean as a sheet on Raw at the end of September, a month before his injury:

Oh man, a win over Mark Henry in 2014, that's huge. Pretty sure he lost to Henry on some ppv pre-show in about 30 seconds also, but either way I don't think 3 minutes on Raw and/or a Superstars match counts as "heavily featured."

Oh man, a win over Mark Henry in 2014, that's huge. Pretty sure he lost to Henry on some ppv pre-show in about 30 seconds also, but either way I don't think 3 minutes on Raw and/or a Superstars match counts as "heavily featured."

I'm sorry that the mini-feuds with Henry and Swagger don't fit your "Bo Dallas was a botched NXT call-up who was taken off TV" story. He wasn't. He got injured. No need to split hairs about what the word "heavily" means. You were incorrect.

• Like 1

One last thing about Raw.. JBL being way too happy to treat what's their faces like a couple of job boys might be the happiest he's been since doing the Teddy Long dance.

All he needed was a bar of soap and it would have been a total flashback for him.

I am hesitant to say this because I don't want to bring this back as an argument, so if it happens I apologize in advance

but Corporate Figurehead HHH dropping everything to console an upset child in the front row at his show is a very Public Relations kind of move, so for his heel character I think it still works. Like of course he would do that but not change his actual agenda to hurt John Cena.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that the mini-feuds with Henry and Swagger don't fit your "Bo Dallas was a botched NXT call-up who was taken off TV" story. He wasn't. He got injured. No need to split hairs about what the word "heavily" means. You were incorrect.

Fine, I'll agree to the fact that he was "seen again" after the loss to Truth. However, repeatedly losing clean to the likes of Truth and Swagger was definitely bad writing for his character and hurt him in a way that The Ascension getting beat up by 7 popular old guys did not. That's the point that shouldn't be lost here.

Fine, I'll agree to the fact that he was "seen again" after the loss to Truth. However, repeatedly losing clean to the likes of Truth and Swagger was definitely bad writing for his character and hurt him in a way that The Ascension getting beat up by 7 popular old guys did not. That's the point that shouldn't be lost here.

Bo traded wins with both of them, and Mark Henry. I'm not arguing that it's good booking (win trading is probably the worst aspect of the overall booking of everyone), but Bo Dallas was absolutely not buried. If you want to point to shitty NXT call-ups, Adam Rose and Emma are right there.

Ascension aren't getting buried either, which we agree on. Even if the Outlaws go over them when they fight it isn't necessarily a burial.

Bo Dallas is a comedy heel. What more do you want from the guy? In the smaller scale NXT, he can be this ridiculous person who also steals victories. He can't really do that in the WWE, unless you want to have him be the new Honky Tonk Man. That's not a bad option, but it can only work for so long.

I say this as someone who thinks Bo Dallas is pretty much the comedy genius of this era. Bo looking to become "America's Sweetheart" at the expense of Mark Henry is one of my all-time favorite story arcs.

That's a good role for Bo. A perfect one -- Say insane things to people who are better than you are at wrestling, lose to them, and try to act like it doesn't hurt your feelings but make yourself completely vulnerable, go back to trying to win the hearts and minds of the world.

I forget who said it on here, but one of my favorite "What the hell?" moments is when someone was complaining about Bo's winning streak coming to an end because "it could have made someone" or whatever.

Dude's the new Santino.

One last thing about Raw.. JBL being way too happy to treat what's their faces like a couple of job boys might be the happiest he's been since doing the Teddy Long dance.

True story: Mom was at home watching the show and when we were talking about it later she said "JBL looked so happy during that segment!"

Not a fan of The Ascension, but I am curious if on Smackdown or at the Rumble if anyone tries to put over the fact that they were ambushed by seven of the best tag team wrestlers in history (kayfabe at least) and didn't run away from the fight. I think if a discussion on that happens on the announce side then The Ascension will be fine moving forward. Even if its something like JBL saying "they were too stupid to run away."

True story: Mom was at home watching the show and when we were talking about it later she said "JBL looked so happy during that segment!"

Grumpy, uninterested JBL is literally one of the worst things about the product right now. But happy to not be watching this shit and actually doing something JBL is awesome.