DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-19-15

MGFanJay

So we are done pretending that Ascension is going to get something out of this angle right?

They will.

A Tag Title run in TNA next year.

The funny thing is Viktor and Connor sound like TNA names.

What will they be called? The Risers?

The Assumption.  Let's stick to Holy Days.

• Like 4

I'm no fan of The Ascension, but that burial was brutal. I loved the show starting with Brock and the show ending with Brock destroying Kane and Big Show. I could watch Brock destroy them every week and never tire of it. Also nice seeing Sting to thwart The Authority again.Everything in between was up and down. I'm looking foward to the Royal Rumble more than I had been.

I don't get people acting like The Ascension being used this way is some type of disaster. They're shit. They were shit in NXT and they're shit now. They've been in NXT for-fucking-ever, Conor signed in 2005 FFS and it was very much now or never so WWE might as well put them on the big show and see what happens because they need tag teams. I don't get the indignation for this one they're garbage and should be treated accordingly until they prove they aren't. I don't think this has anything to do with whatever feud people are talking about between NXT and the main roster and has everything to do with the fact that, simply, The Ascension are fucking awful.

• Like 10

Hey just because we know that is was a complete burial doesn't mean we didn't enjoy watching it.    

I guess their logic is that the Uso's beating the NAO for the tag title elevated them to wear they are now so they will do the same thing with Ascension.    Of course it is stupid logic but so is trying to replicate the Daniel Bryan WM run last year to the same damn letter and it isn't stopping them.    I have a feeling that the person people thinks will win the Rumble isn't

I don't get people acting like The Ascension being used this way is some type of disaster. They're shit. They were shit in NXT and they're shit now. They've been in NXT for-fucking-ever, Conor signed in 2005 FFS and it was very much now or never so WWE might as well put them on the big show and see what happens because they need tag teams. I don't get the indignation for this one they're garbage and should be treated accordingly until they prove they aren't. I don't think this has anything to do with whatever feud people are talking about between NXT and the main roster and has everything to do with the fact that, simply, The Ascension are fucking awful.

Then release them. Don't trot them out on TV every week and embarrass them. That's fucking bush league shit.

• Like 1

Scott Hall is 95% of the way to being the character Jon Voight played in ANACONDA.  And the remaining 5% is pretty much just "being on a boat."

I don't understand the connection between those images and that music.  IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

• Like 1

They are awful but they're part of a line of ill used call-ups( see: Everyone but the Shield).