DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

On 9/15/2022 at 11:37 AM, Zimbra said:

My wife decided that we're going to Chicago for Thanksgiving to see Dynamite, so who am I to argue?  I'm a little nervous about trying to wrangle her wheelchair at the show but it's worth it to see live wrestling for the first time in 20+ years.

Welp, just tried to buy tickets and there are no accessible seats on the seat map at all so I guess this isn't happening.

• Sad 4

Lmao, if FTR asked for their releases after being highlighted so much this past year... 

Miro and Andrade I would not be surprised by. Tony clearly has His Guys he trusts and believes in and Andrade is not one of them. Why isn't Rampage the Andrade and Miro show? Is Miro even in the battle royale? Wtf is going on here with those two? And no I will not stop banging that drum. Two of the most talented guys in the world afterthoughts.

Buddy does nothing for me so I'd be fine if he walked. Joe's been doing work on Twisted Metal. 

Read that very recently Saraya hadn't been cleared. If she still hasn't why sign her when women who can wrestle barely get any tv time as is? So many mind boggling decisions the past year that aren't being corrected like they were in the first 2 years. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Lmao, if FTR asked for their releases after being highlighted so much this past year... 

Miro and Andrade I would not be surprised by. Tony clearly has His Guys he trusts and believes in and Andrade is not one of them. Why isn't Rampage the Andrade and Miro show? Is Miro even in the battle royale? Wtf is going on here with those two? And no I will not stop banging that drum. Two of the most talented guys in the world afterthoughts.

Buddy does nothing for me so I'd be fine if he walked. Joe's been doing work on Twisted Metal. 

Read that very recently Saraya hadn't been cleared. If she still hasn't why sign her when women who can wrestle barely get any tv time as is? So many mind boggling decisions the past year that aren't being corrected like they were in the first 2 years. 

I think FTR are guys that likely never would’ve left WWE in the first place had Hunter been in charge. Plus sure they’ve been “featured”, but have only held the belts for two months almost two years ago. Can’t imagine they’re happy with that.

I would put Joe and to a lesser extent Matthews on that category as well.

Agree 100% on both Miro and Andrade. Two guys that should absolutely be in the mix with Mox, Danielson, Hangman, etc.

12 minutes ago, MKERyan said:

I think FTR are guys that likely never would’ve left WWE in the first place had Hunter been in charge. Plus sure they’ve been “featured”, but have only held the belts for two months almost two years ago. Can’t imagine they’re happy with that.

They are belt marks so Tony gave them all the belts. Dax is consistently highlighted on television in marquee singles matches. How long would a sufficient aew tag title run be? Not even the young bucks get featured like this when they aren't in the title hunt. I'm over ftr by a long shot. Nobody is a bigger mark for them than themselves. Let them go wrestle the Usos 100 times over the next two years and be 10 time tag champs. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Welp, just tried to buy tickets and there are no accessible seats on the seat map at all so I guess this isn't happening.

Talked to the box office and sorted it out, so we got tickets!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

It's probably worth noting in all this release speculation and push/lack of push talk that Miro's had injuries and priors (a TV pilot). The interview he did with Renee seemed to suggest he's a pretty happy camper. I love Andrade, but I find no issue with the level he's at. I just hope he sticks around long enough to elevate this group with Rooosh and the new 'Total Package' Jose the Assistant. Oh man, imagine if it's good old Jim Ross asking for his release!?!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

They are belt marks so Tony gave them all the belts. Dax is consistently highlighted on television in marquee singles matches. How long would a sufficient aew tag title run be? Not even the young bucks get featured like this when they aren't in the title hunt. I'm over ftr by a long shot. Nobody is a bigger mark for them than themselves. Let them go wrestle the Usos 100 times over the next two years and be 10 time tag champs. 

Seriously.  I know things are marginally better with HHH in charge but Dax isn't getting singles JTTS duty where he gets to have great matches against top guys in WWE.

9 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Oh man, imagine if it's good old Jim Ross asking for his release!?!

From your mouth to God's ears, my friend.

• Like 8

By this time next year, there will be rumblings in WWE that not all is great and that people want out of there too. Just too many wrestlers for two promotions to keep happy plus this will be the easiest Triple H will have it regarding keeping morale and fan interest high. Just do away with the most antiquated and ridiculous Vince-isms and you're suddenly a genius.

What we need is not WWE, not AEW, but a secret third thing (Freddie Prinze Jr.'s rumoured promotion or another Jarrett promotion). 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Jiji said:

What we need is not WWE, not AEW, but a secret third thing (Freddie Prinze Jr.'s rumoured promotion or another Jarrett promotion). 

I'm interested to see what Freddie can do. His passion is clear, but judging from his pod - his taste is a bit questionable. I expect lots and lots of drama from Junior. I'm not sure how 10 years or whatever it was of TNA on his resume suggests a new promotion by Jeff Jarrett would be a good idea? With its terrific roster and media resources IMPACT should scream out 'hey, there is a number 3!' Unfortunately, they're still following the WWE-lite blueprint Jarrett laid out all those years ago. Tho, they do seem to be gleaning some lessons from Wednesday nights. If IMPACT were to cut out their awful skits, their horseshit dramatic storylines, stopped with the relentless/meaningless/forgettable multiman matches and developed a reasonably fresh look for their stale 'Impact Zone' they might have something. But that is not going to happen.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Some kinda ref storyline going on says Meltzer. Maybe Ref Paul Tuner is secretly evil.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1021278/tony-khan-acknowledges-aew-official-has-been-missing-illegalities-in-matches/

Either that above or changes to the reffering system are coming.

IF THIS LEADS TO THE RETURN OF TODD SINCLAIR FOR COMEUPPANCE I AM ALL IN.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Oh man, imagine if it's good old Jim Ross asking for his release!?!

JR coming back to RAW and cutting a shoot promo "bringing back your favourites" only to bring back Bray Wyatt doing stupid spooky shit would be both things coming full circle, and hopefully proving devil-adjacent JR is the best use of him at this point.

• Haha 2

Do people understand that the WWE reaching out to people on the AEW roster and asking about their contract understand that this is not contract tampering? That is just business between competitors?

It’s not like pro sports where teams have agreements and league rules in place about contracts and changing teams. 

6 hours ago, MKERyan said:

That is not as big of an issue as fans make it out to be. Having the belts is at least 3rd or 4th in line behind how much they get paid, how creatively fulfilled they are, and how they are treated / how important they are presented. They already have 3 sets of belts. I think being presented as legitimately the best tag team of this generation, getting to be part of a main stable that got a War Games match, getting to main event a PPV with a 45 min tag match treated as the most important match on the show by far (ROH) are all more valuable to them than if they have AEW tag titles on their waist or not. They got to team with Punk. They get treated as legitimate stars. Dax's daughter got to knock a guy out on PPV and pin him.

Even with Triple H in charge there's no way they get presented as lovingly / respected as AEW has presented them. There's no way they get as much importance and creative freedom. Triple H may love those guys and give them a 10 year tag title reign. But it's not going to compare to the feeling of Dax getting to have that moment with his daughter.

That's not me saying they won't go back to WWE. They may. But it's not going to be based around them being mad about the number of days they had AEW tag titles in their carry ons.

• Like 9