DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

23 hours ago, Jiji said:

By this time next year, there will be rumblings in WWE that not all is great and that people want out of there too. Just too many wrestlers for two promotions to keep happy plus this will be the easiest Triple H will have it regarding keeping morale and fan interest high. Just do away with the most antiquated and ridiculous Vince-isms and you're suddenly a genius.

What we need is not WWE, not AEW, but a secret third thing (Freddie Prinze Jr.'s rumoured promotion or another Jarrett promotion). 

Yep. There are Triple H guys just like there were Vince guys. If you aren’t the guy in charges guy, you should always be looking around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is GQ up there with Men’s Health when it comes to celebrity propaganda feature stories on how they got in shape?  

I’m not saying these stories are total bullshit.  I’m just saying their editors likely have a Word macro that changes [insert PED of choice] into “chicken and broccoli.”

eh if he came back looking like Brian Cage then I'd have him on suspect status. as it is he looks like he's leaned out not bulked up so I buy what he's selling

22 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

To clear it up, several retirement road matches booked for Muto and Muta. Then he retires in the Tokyo Dome as Muto next year.

I wonder if he'll sneak in Space Lone Wolf and Super Ninja retirement matches before the actually final Keiji Mutoh Final Bye Bye in Tokyo Dome extravaganza.

Dave keeps bringing up the rumored Northern California shows because he lives here and it’s been a weirdly long time, but I just don’t get any talk of the venues being discussed by anyone. First even though I thought running two shows in LA was a bad idea and I was proven wrong, I still think running three shows in the Bay Area is a bad idea and they should just run a totally different city for dynamite/rampage taping, and then have the ppv at Oakland arena and sell that out. 

There should be zero talk about cow palace. It’s an 82 year old building that was never remodeled. Wwe hasn’t even run a house show there since 2005. Dave keeps saying they left because of low attendance - they left because it was already a run down building back then. Cow palace shouldn’t even be in aew’s vocabulary. 

Dave talks about how poorly wwe did at chase center, and the numbers were crazy low, but that was when wwe was ice cold right before the pandemic and they were low everywhere. An aew ppv would do way better than those low wwe numbers, but it would be a super expensive building. 

Garret in particular kept pushing the sjsu event center which is also super bizarre to me. They did 5k jam packed for the historic nxt house show before the wrestlemania at Levi’s stadium. That was a house show with no stage. With even the minimal aew stage your looking at like 4K for the very first show in the #5 market. And it looks exactly like a very large high school gym. It’s awesome in person, I’ve been to three nxt house shows there, but it looks just like a high school gym. 

Super shocked by the lack of talk about Oakland arena, the former home of the warriors and host to multiple nba finals in recent years. Dave mentioned in passing twice that wwe hasn’t done well in Oakland. They just did a house show that only did 3k. Well they’ve been cold until recently and this is aew’s first appearance in the #5 market, comparing to a wwe house show literally means nothing. It is now the B arena in the Bay Area, all the top acts go to chase in San Francisco. So it must be relatively cheap to book. And it is an nba finals quality arena. Do the tv somewhere else and come here for a ppv at Oakland arena. I wish I could help them book these shows. 

14 minutes ago, zendragon said:

For what its worth Ontario isn't LA all though I'd be interested in how many did attend the LA/Inglewood show and made the drive to Inland Empire

Ha right on. I’m from the bay so for me “LA” is SoCal. I make the drive for work sometimes to la or Palm Springs so I’m familiar with it all. I posted here how I thought they were tripping running two shows when they should just focus on one tent pole. They proved me wrong but things are a little different now and I also propose they just do one tent pole. Do the normal dynamite/rampage taping in San Diego or Phoenix and come on up to Oakland for the ppv. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, just drew said:

SRS reporting that Buddy Mathews “needs to go away for a while.” He’d be another on the list of names I’d bet Triple H tampered with…

If I’m being honest Brody King is the only one of them I care about and I think he can be a huge star without the HoB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

If I’m being honest Brody King is the only one of them I care about and I think he can be a huge star without the HoB.

I agree on Brody being the breakout star but I also think that Julia Hart and her spooky pilgrim hat do add to the act, so maybe keep her.

• Like 4

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Realistically, AEW should be trying to re-shuffle the deck and try clearing out some dead weight. Serpentico, Angelico, Luther, Matt Sydal, probably, a number of others.

They re-upped Brian Cage and did nothing with him.

Angelico does nothing for me, but Chaos Project is important for the YouTube shows.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Realistically, AEW should be trying to re-shuffle the deck and try clearing out some dead weight. Serpentico, Angelico, Luther, Matt Sydal, probably, a number of others.

They re-upped Brian Cage and did nothing with him.

You make a point and then lose it immediately by including three of their finest. Both Luther and Serpentico have been coaching in AEW and Strickland just put em both over. Angelico is a god. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, EVA said:

Seriously, why do people always include Chaos Project on these “to be fired” lists? Who are they hurting by having fun undercard matches on Dark? Nobody. In fact, they actively help their opponents look great.

They're also doing some agent work now on the side!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EVA said:

Seriously, why do people always include Chaos Project on these “to be fired” lists? Who are they hurting by having fun undercard matches on Dark? Nobody. In fact, they actively help their opponents look great.

Same logic can be applied to Joey Janela and Jack Evans.