DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

3 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I haven't watched the videos - is he seriously saying that's all he's relying on?

I've been using dry needling for the past 18 months after I hurt my achilles/plantar fascia. It's a decent preventative measure to ensure that you're not overcompensating on other load bearing parts of the body and making things progressively worse, but that's all it is - a band-aid stop gap.

Hopefully not a case of getting a bad diagnosis, and deciding it's just easier to push through and deal with it later. That always works well in wrestling.

In the Instagram post he did a the other week he mentioned rehab and physical therapy as well for his back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I think Adam Cole would be like 30% more tolerable if he had a heater. Get Morrissey out of Stokley Hathaway's John Grisham's The Firm and have him be Sycho Sid to Adam Cole's Shawn. 

I kind of hate how much I think this is a great idea.

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I kind of hate how much I think this is a great idea.

My biggest problem with Cole is I don't find any of his offense credible. Everything else about his presentation is fine, so the solution in my eyes is you get a big mother effer to cheat for him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

My biggest problem with Cole is I don't find any of his offense credible. Everything else about his presentation is fine, so the solution in my eyes is you get a big mother effer to cheat for him

Careful. You’ll get told real quick around here that credible offense doesn’t matter if you were in Bullet Club at any time in your career…

26 minutes ago, Sublime said:

In the Instagram post he did a the other week he mentioned rehab and physical therapy as well for his back.

But he said the only thing he found to help the most was dry needling. 

45 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

He’d be so much better as a face.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

But he said the only thing he found to help the most was dry needling. 

In the Instagram post he said every week he does several sessions of rehab, dry needling and therapy to be able to walk and compete. So in the case of that post he gives them equal weight, which is what I’m going off of. If he’s said differently elsewhere I haven’t seen or heard it.

For sure, if he's sticks around in AEW, give that dude all the time he needs to heal up and get his life in order, he's worth that and more. It'll give him time to come up with new ideas and directions, it'll give us time to miss him. 

• Like 8

The whole Malakai Black situation is very confusing to me. Just seems like a bunch of different conflicting things are being said right now.

Unless it's just a matter of Black blowing up, feeling depressed, and backstage sources spreading misinformation. Things get heated and out of control in the moment, then they cool down and cooler heads prevail later.

I guess my problem here is, who is spreading what information and what agenda do they have?

I don't want to speculate too much because I think that's part of the problem. Let him take off as much time as he wants. Just focus on healing and getting his mind right.

But it makes me feel awful hearing about him getting death threats. Like I'm about done defending wrestling fans at this point. 

• Thanks 1

My feeling is Black was angling for an unconditional release that would allow him to return to WWE and he’s realized that’s not going to happen and concluded his best option is to make nice with Tony Khan and continue to get paid.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Adam Cole would be a great mouthpiece for a monster heel who occasionally wrestles when needed to.

And, yes, I know Vince McMahon had that idea but the dude was onto something.

Slightly off topic, but the other day on Twitter, I had what I thought to be a pretty good idea for a show, and I got seven replies telling me it was too much of a Vince idea. I understand that in 2022 it was supposed to be an insult, but I felt like you could probably do a lot worse than the guy who has literally made the most money ever in wrestling. All this to say: don't feel too badly; a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, madl said:

My feeling is Black was angling for an unconditional release that would allow him to return to WWE and he’s realized that’s not going to happen and concluded his best option is to make nice with Tony Khan and continue to get paid.

Here's where I think we're at.

Between the Vince situation a couple of months ago (Only July!) and the AEW Brawl, both the demand for news and rumors and the incentives for providing it are at their highest point in a couple of years at least. It means that an already perfidious ecosystem of sourcing and leaking is strained even farther to the point where if a wrestler or even a person in the industry (Sapp, Alvarez, Keller, let alone Dave) says something, the second and third hand sites will stretch it as far as possible to make an article out of it. That means we're having not just jumping to conclusions using reason and rationalization, but a sort of second and third hand version of that where people will use previous articles that were all supposition (even if potentially logical supposition) as springboards and suddenly you have two or three articles built off dubious foundations. Let's say there's dozens of these. Of these, a few are probably going to be true just because of the odds and the power of logic and paying attention, but it's such a flood of dubious things built upon dubious things and educated guesswork built upon educated guesswork that the entire enterprise is even more worthless than usual, and as @Greggulatorlikes to remind us, even in the best of times, it's not worth all that much.

So what do I think we know about Black? He's hurting. He needs some time off. He's been disappointed in the past couple of years for reasons we can't pin down. He says he'll be back.

That's it. It's ok to have feelings but at least some of the stuff out there to base them off of are because of other people's feelings about other people's feelings about something that Black may have himself said.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Sublime said:

In the Instagram post he said every week he does several sessions of rehab, dry needling and therapy to be able to walk and compete. So in the case of that post he gives them equal weight, which is what I’m going off of. If he’s said differently elsewhere I haven’t seen or heard it.

It was before his most recent post. Geez, I think it may have been a month or two months ago where he talked about it. But Black seeking something along the lines of alternative medicine isn't a surprising thing.