DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

12 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Do people understand that the WWE reaching out to people on the AEW roster and asking about their contract understand that this is not contract tampering? That is just business between competitors?

It’s not like pro sports where teams have agreements and league rules in place about contracts and changing teams. 

I understand that Khan should have paid Orange Cassidy extra to string along Johnny Ace for months completely in character. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

The sheetz are saying that when Bobby Fish left, he tried to get Kyle and Adam to leave with him, so they could all go back to WWE together.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

The sheetz are saying that when Bobby Fish left, he tried to get Kyle and Adam to leave with him, so they could all go back to WWE together.

"Oh, for sure, Bobby.  You go first and we'll be right behind you.  Totally"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It'd be Bobby's best shot at landing in a good spot, but I think Kyle and Adam are both in a good place.

Despite the DX stuff, I could see FTR going back some day. Not that I think they should be in a rush. Not enough premier tag teams to go around, and checking back in with their product it can't be overstated how stale some of the are (New Day's been around for a while, Usos have been around forever). 

Apparently they reached out to Swerve. Much has been said of what he thought of his time in NXT, so we can make some assumptions there.

Not much needs to be said about Malakai. When he hopefully shows up somewhere, we'll know where we can see him do his thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

“Look guys, HHH wants us...emphasis on US”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Sting in NOAH

I mean I marked like crazy tonight. We were vaguely fantasy booking Muta in AEW and then THAT happened. I don’t know a lot about Muta/Mutoh outside of his US work but having Sting be involved in his retirement match seems natural.

And now I’m thinking who would be involved in Sting’s. So many of his best rivals are dead or in no shape to be in the ring. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jiji said:

By this time next year, there will be rumblings in WWE that not all is great and that people want out of there too. Just too many wrestlers for two promotions to keep happy plus this will be the easiest Triple H will have it regarding keeping morale and fan interest high. Just do away with the most antiquated and ridiculous Vince-isms and you're suddenly a genius.

What we need is not WWE, not AEW, but a secret third thing (Freddie Prinze Jr.'s rumoured promotion or another Jarrett promotion). 

Combine my two previous idea's a Lucha Underground style program on one of the streaming services. Make it all based on Marty Robbins songs, replace Dario's Temple with Rosa's Cantina 

In other AEW news hook likes steak https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-hook

11 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Apparently they reached out to Swerve. Much has been said of what he thought of his time in NXT, so we can make some assumptions there.

It's been said by the sheets that along with Adam Cole, Swerve was one of the people that alerted AEW/TK to what WWE was doing.

And yeah if you listen to Swerve on Renee's podcast... he's pretty bitter about his time in NXT/the main roster. Maybe bitter isn't the right word, but he didn't enjoy his time there besides meeting his girlfriend - Jessi Kamea.

• Like 3

He had a lot of promise during that initial NJ run where he got the huge upset over Omega but since becoming more established (I'd say starting with his run as a team with Finlay) he's become so paint by numbers in the ring and his persona grown goofier and more irritating with each incarnation. Granted I've watched him a lot less regularly in the past few years but I did catch a bunch of his G1 matches this year and thought it was the most bland "athletic guy with innovative moveset" stuff I'd seen since Cole was still active. 

• Like 1

I enjoy him as a heel, but I never got what people were on about when they talked about him as a great pure babyface. He always came across as a sleazy hippy who needed a punch and had an annoying voice, which is at least perfect for mid level Bullet Club goon.

7 hours ago, zendragon said:

giphy.gif

Piece in GQ about Jericho getting his body back

https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-chris-jericho

Is GQ up there with Men’s Health when it comes to celebrity propaganda feature stories on how they got in shape?  

I’m not saying these stories are total bullshit.  I’m just saying their editors likely have a Word macro that changes [insert PED of choice] into “chicken and broccoli.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1