DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

Also, they really need to fucking push Miro. The treatment of Rusev was one of the big contributing factors to me packing in WWE (along with lots of other things, of course), and when he signed for AEW I was so excited to see him work for a company that knew his worth. But ever since he lost the TNT title its been a whole lot of nothing. Put the guy in the main event scene, for his God's sake.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

When did black become the default colour for wrestling shirts?

I think the combo of NWO and Stone Cold shirts in 96/97 trapped us with black for the rest of time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Love the promo praise, but bad take by Jericho on Eddie's look, though in his defense, it's for sure something I've seen others say. I'm beginning to think that one's opinion on Kingston might be rooted in a combination of life experience, geographic location, and socioeconomic status - I grew up with a ton of guys who look, talk, and act like Eddie and I never thought he was anything other than hard as fuck. Wild guess, but there may not be a ton of dudes wearing Timbs and smoking Newports in Winnipeg.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Love the promo praise, but bad take by Jericho on Eddie's look, though in his defense, it's for sure something I've seen others say. I'm beginning to think that one's opinion on Kingston might be rooted in a combination of life experience, geographic location, and socioeconomic status - I grew up with a ton of guys who look, talk, and act like Eddie and I never thought he was anything other than hard as fuck. Wild guess, but there may not be a ton of dudes wearing Timbs and smoking Newports in Winnipeg.

Besides, by today's standards, Dick Murdoch had a "bad look." 

No one's gonna go back in time and bark up that tree.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I feel like a "good look" is really looking like what ever you are supposed to be. Now approximately 95% of wrestlers should look like athletes, but much like Dusty Rhodes looked like "local boy made good" (and was quite agile and light on his feet for a fellow of his size) Eddie looks like a tough guy from yonkers, its a good look, for him.

Also RIP Coolio couldn't find the Awe there it goes / SioG mash up so here this

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I can confirm that there are a million dudes here that look like Eddie. You are right, though, I've never seen anyone smoke Newports. I'm not even sure if you can get them here

• Haha 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
53 minutes ago, elizium said:

I can confirm that there are a million dudes here that look like Eddie. You are right, though, I've never seen anyone smoke Newports. I'm not even sure if you can get them here

Newports are menthols, so that'd be why.

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Yeah, any Canadian city other than the big three probably have a million dudes who look more like Eddie than Eddie does.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Are menthols illegal in Canada? Wait, are YOU Canadian?! I'm learning some shit in this thread

Menthols have been illegal since... I think 2017?

I'm originally from Nova Scotia, though I've lived in the States most of my life and am a dual citizen.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Are menthols illegal in Canada? Wait, are YOU Canadian?! I'm learning some shit in this thread

They are. Studies show that menthol smokers tend to smoke way more than the average smoker and have a higher degree of detrimental effects. Also because they tend to lead to more juvenile smoking, because they are less harsh than normal cigarettes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

Newports are menthols, so that'd be why.

That makes sense, I knew they were a green package, but have never seen one except for old magazine ads. I worked at a 7-11 for a short while as a teen and we didn't carry them, I always assumed they were an American only brand

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

They are. Studies show that menthol smokers tend to smoke way more than the average smoker and have a higher degree of detrimental effects. Also because they tend to lead to more juvenile smoking, because they are less harsh than normal cigarettes

My friends and I smoked newports when we were in middle/high school. $1.90 a pack with a .50 coupon on the pack. 

• Thanks 1