Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Am I the only one not super interested in the demos and the ratings for the weekly shows? I get Raw did an all time low being newsworthy but the production the gets made out of NXT vs AEW... not on here nearly as much as other places but ugh.

Just be thankful we don’t have to endure discussions about PPV buyrates anymore outside of AEW from time to time. 
Man those were exciting times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Food for thought: if COVID ends, and Raw gets low enough, is there a possibility AEW's planned second show goes live Monday nights? The idea of almost every "major" wrestling start-up since 2001 has been "Grab the missing WCW/ECW fans": XWF, WWA, TNA, GFW, etc. but have we reached a point where enough people have quit WWE that they might be worth attempting to hook on their night? Raw's numbers in 2010 when TNA tried it and Raw's numbers today are very different, and AEW would be bringing what they normally bring (rather than pushing their roster aside for Hogan, Flair, and Val Venis or whatever.) I'm not saying it's the smartest move, but I'm just wondering out loud if there's a bottom for Raw that would make it difficult for it to not at least attempt.

 

@Death From Above editing to say i agree wholeheartedly. They lost me after 27 years! Granted, I spent a solid 4-5 of them as a WCW defector, but still.

Khan said he wouldn't think about running TV on Mondays because of NFL Monday night football. Its was WWEs decision to run up against AEW in the first place which in sure they wanted to avoid.

The whole Wednesday night Ratings war isnt interesting to me either. Outside of the first few weeks because I wanted to see how many veiwers each show would generate which is collectively still less than WCW Nitro at the end or Collectively the same as Impacts highest ratings. I think AEWs viewership will get way larger in time but I find it lame that Khan and Jericho bragging about winning demographics of 7000 viewers. I'm glad they are winning because in obviously matters to the network but its lame to see them be so publicly brag about it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So remember when people used to accuse Kenny Omega of being friends with the paedophile Chasyn Rance (who he barely knew)? Well...

And also:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

funny you posted that, somebody on twitter tweeted something along the lines "Moose just blocked me guess he's too busy hitting his wives" so I tweeted back "I see why he blocked you you keep bringing up that he hit his wife" not the most tasteful joke i know but  made it and I had no knowledge of Moose hanging w\out with Chasyn Rance. Then that person who made the original tweet came at me I'm gonna write it out cuz they were upset and it wasn't my intention "I brought it up cuz he's willfully promoting a person who raped a child while being a pos. You got something else to add to the conversation or are you ready to put the foot on the gas and stay in your lane? Let me know if you need directions to find loserville" so i said "it was sarcasm chill the fuck out" now if they had stopped the twitter after the "while being a pos" I would have enquired about what he did and engaged in a conversation but the "directions to loserville" quip struck a chord i guess. They then said I wasn't funny and blocked me. 

For the record I don't think Rance should be in the wrestling business. And also on record I am digging thie Real World Champion stuff on Impacy but I'm not a Quinn Ojinnaka (Moose's government name) fan at all.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're believing the burner account, then it's more about free weed and free ring time, which makes slightly more sense. Not right, mind you, but more sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some how I missed all the nostalgia posts, but I've been around here for a long ass time.  I was a lurker for a good long time starting from the old green board that looked like a giant outline.  I'm pretty sure I started posting in the MMA folder, because it was the least toxic MMA forum I could find.  This is pretty much the only place I go to discuss wrestling, sports, videogames, or anything else on a daily basis.  Honestly, this place feels like my online home.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

If we're believing the burner account, then it's more about free weed and free ring time, which makes slightly more sense. Not right, mind you, but more sense.

Ah, I didn't read the thread, just the post here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

funny you posted that, somebody on twitter tweeted something along the lines "Moose just blocked me guess he's too busy hitting his wives" so I tweeted back "I see why he blocked you you keep bringing up that he hit his wife" not the most tasteful joke i know but  made it and I had no knowledge of Moose hanging w\out with Chasyn Rance. Then that person who made the original tweet came at me I'm gonna write it out cuz they were upset and it wasn't my intention "I brought it up cuz he's willfully promoting a person who raped a child while being a pos. You got something else to add to the conversation or are you ready to put the foot on the gas and stay in your lane? Let me know if you need directions to find loserville" so i said "it was sarcasm chill the fuck out" now if they had stopped the twitter after the "while being a pos" I would have enquired about what he did and engaged in a conversation but the "directions to loserville" quip struck a chord i guess. They then said I wasn't funny and blocked me. 

For the record I don't think Rance should be in the wrestling business. And also on record I am digging thie Real World Champion stuff on Impacy but I'm not a Quinn Ojinnaka (Moose's government name) fan at all.

Homer's version of the party - YouTube

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize it's not legal everywhere in the states, but is it really that hard to get weed down there?

That Mark Felt *eyeroll* tweet got me momentarily excited: "He's their drug dealer" Ooooh tea, let's hear it. "He's been selling weed to wrestlers" Oh, that's a let down, that doesn't even count as drug dealing.

Seriously professional wrestlers, there's plenty of people that will give you free weed just for the access of chilling with you for half an hour, you don't need to hit up pedophiles.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

The buy-in on "Jon Moxley: certified draw" that didn't exist a couple hours ago is really something. 

The #1 rule since 2003 is "when in doubt,  blame Vince..."    Why start blaming other people now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, elizium said:

Seriously professional wrestlers, there's plenty of people that will give you free weed just for the access of chilling with you for half an hour, you don't need to hit up pedophiles.

Do these guys not have Jeff Hardy's phone number, or what?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Its was WWEs decision to run up against AEW in the first place which in sure they wanted to avoid.

This talking point isn’t exactly right. AEW decided to run against NXT when it was on the network. In response, WWE was able to move NXT to USA at the same time with a second hour, which had been rumored to be happening for a while, prior to the Dynamite announcement, IIRC.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A year ago, when Dynamite hadn't started yet and AEW announced the original Fight for the Fallen as a charity show to benefit victims of gun violence... Vince counter programmed it with a live Network special. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A group of underpaid, underrepresented athletes with no union and no health care perform dangerous feats to an audience of crew members at the whim of a senile millionaire. 

There's your "boring description of movie plots" version of it

Still too exciting, I know

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elizium said:

I realize it's not legal everywhere in the states, but is it really that hard to get weed down there?

That Mark Felt *eyeroll* tweet got me momentarily excited: "He's their drug dealer" Ooooh tea, let's hear it. "He's been selling weed to wrestlers" Oh, that's a let down, that doesn't even count as drug dealing.

Seriously professional wrestlers, there's plenty of people that will give you free weed just for the access of chilling with you for half an hour, you don't need to hit up pedophiles.

Fun fact: Florida is a medical Marijuana state. 

$300 and you can walk in and tell them your back hurts sometimes or that you have stress. A week later you have the card and your choice of dispensary’s, most of which will deliver(mail). 
 

Not saying the “burner” is full of shit but it is Twitter. Also those tweets make me glad pots and pans bixenspan is not here anymore. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The #1 rule since 2003 is "when in doubt,  blame Vince..."    Why start blaming other people now? 

As a person with the occasional contrarian instinct, I’d do it just to spice things up. MVP starts getting TV time and ratings crater — COINCIDENCE? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Vince has a show on Friday nights, too.

Anyone find it unusual that Raw has been on Monday no matter what for it's entire run (except for like one time it was pre-empted by the Dog show and was moved to Thursday) whilst SD has been on Thursday, Friday, Tuesday, back to Friday, probably would have tried Wednesday eventually. Isn't that usually the kiss of death for TV shows, when they wander around in the schedule?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AxB said:

Anyone find it unusual that Raw has been on Monday no matter what for it's entire run (except for like one time it was pre-empted by the Dog show and was moved to Thursday) whilst SD has been on Thursday, Friday, Tuesday, back to Friday, probably would have tried Wednesday eventually. Isn't that usually the kiss of death for TV shows, when they wander around in the schedule?

Well, Raw hasn't had that many changes in television channels. It moved one time and then moved back to the place where it was entrenched several years prior. If it continually moved from place to place, I doubt it would stay on Monday night unless that particular channel was hard up on decently rated original programming....like USA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...