DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah, Crowe's matches against Finlay were good. Especially the first one.

I'm pretty sure the finish on Bull didn't go 100% as planned. That was one of his mid-match moves prior to the WWE, but it'd always end in a splash, not a headbutt. Ambrose stopped doing the bulldog ddt that he got from Callihan, right? Maybe it's too recent of a high profile finisher for him to start using.

I just watched the match he had against Rhino from the first HOH show. Speaking of Rhino, that package video for him on NXT was great. Used to love his old ECW promos where he'd just shout, growl and swear. Hilarious.

Can I go back a step and just highlight the finish to the Blake and Murphy tag?

The deadlift suplex (always great) into the BIGGEST ****ING FROG SPLASH IVE EVER SEEN!

I mean, holy shit... He jumped 3/4 of the way across the ring and still hit it clean. He wasn't stretching, he didnt just clip him... The target was in a clean spot to hit a splash from the bottom left buckle (on TV) and he lauched from the top right and made it look perfect!

These guys just need a hook on their gimmick and they could be huge.

They are faster than they look. Stronger than they look. They fly well and have some nice double team spots.

Maybe have the lights go out and hit us with some lasers on the entrance and throw some glow sticks to the fans to pump up the "raver" theme song? Lose the sticks if they are staying heel obviously.

I just feel like they are one step away from being a legit top show team but man, that finish was awesome.

They have the goods in-ring to be a great team, but they really need a gimmick or some more presence.  I keep thinking they're a poor man's Jindrak and O'Haire- I remember when those two debuted in WCW, the whole room exploded because we felt like they were awesome athletes who looked badass.

They need something to make them look badass instead of CAW's.

As for Crowe, with that tan he reminds me of Lister from Red Dwarf- maybe he could get over if he started calling Regal a smeghead...

• Like 2

alstein speaks truth. These guys are the goods, but they need something. What that something is I'm not sure, manager? catch phrase, powerful finishing move? I dunno, the Jindrak/O'Haire comparison is pretty apt, that was another team that was just missing one key ingredient.

I think the big thing missing for them is some type of character. There's not much reaction for them because we know basically nothing about them. They have no obvious face or heel qualities. They don't really play up their hard work climbing the ranks. They don't have any real backstory about how they know each other. All we know is that they're two dudes who randomly teamed up and just won the belts. A team name would also help, but a good team name is only likely to present itself when they have something that sticks out.

As for Crowe, with that tan he reminds me of Lister from Red Dwarf- maybe he could get over if he started calling Regal a smeghead...

Just have him land goofy and suddenly effect a fake British accent. Heck, have him be taken under Rose's wings again, be all happy-go-lucky... until something pisses him off and he's a crazed honey badger.

Hopefully Carmella will jump over since she's a natural heel and a turn on Enzo and Cass will get some heat on BAM.

Carmella would be the perfect fit for BAM. She'd be like a trashy version of Lana.

That is actually exactly how I thought Crowe's debut would go. I've never really been a fan.

Would you care to elaborate? What did he do on the indies that made you think "this guy will never succeed in the WWE?"

I just didn't get it. I checked out a bunch of his matches when people were hyping him up and I didn't see anything in him. It doesn't help that I think he has a terrible look and that's 90% of getting over in WWE. (At least in their minds)

But in the spirit of March Madness, I'm more than willing to watch some recommendations. And trust me, I'd love to be proven wrong.

He had a GREAT series of matches in PWG vs Drake Younger if you can track them down (Mystery Vortex 2012, DDT4 2013 and All Star Weekend 9, Night 1). 

I thought BAM were from Australia. Well, regardless of where they're from, they need a Jim Cornette type guy with them.

When I see B&M refered to as BAM, my first thought is Bam Margera of CKY/Jackass. I like their in-ring work, but I agree they need a manager, character development, or anything that fans can connect with.

I thought BAM were from Australia. Well, regardless of where they're from, they need a Jim Cornette type guy with them.

Wesley Blake is Texan. Buddy Murphy is Australian. So only 1/2 of the Wesling Buddies is an Aussie.

A-Tex Corporation. 

Yeah, Gary Hart as their manager is really what they need, but then again, "get Gary Hart to manage" is one of my obviously now-useless ideas that I still can't just let go. Heck, Gary Hart had me happy to see Al Perez on screen simply because it meant, "Hey, more Gary Hart!"

Maybe WWE can invest in a Gary Hart hologram that they can use with some of their lesser talkers.

• Like 2

Okay, what am I missing with this Crowe guy? I thought that with his $5.00 tan he looked like an Oompa Loompa. I understand he had a great series of matches elsewhere, but from his (admittedly limited) exposure on NXT, I'm not seeing much. I saw him botch an incredibly silly attempt to pickup Bull Dempsey unaided, I say silly, because I'm a lot bigger than Crowe and I would have a hard time lifting a guy Dempsey's size without his full cooperation. So, am I missing something? Or, is this a case of a darling of the IWC really not being all that and a bag of chips? I fully realize that guys have to modify their style to fit the WWE model and that's easier for some (Finn Balor) than for others (Hideo Itami); so how does Crowe fit in the picture. Anything in particular that I should look out for? This is a great time for me to be looking at matches on youtube or wherever as I'm getting a cold and don't feel like doing jackshit today.

For me the biggest problem was his entrance and look didn't seem to have anything to do with his gimmick. Bull looked pissed to be putting over the new guy, and worked kind of stiff, and didn't give Crowe much. I'll reserve judgment until I see a few more matches.

Loved seeing Alex Riley back in the ring. Dig the new gear, new tron, and new moves. Looking forward to Riley/Owens. Thought Alexa/Carmella was a pretty good match. Never really watched Carmella before but thought she looked pretty decent here and Alexa is awesome.