DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Alex Riley bringing the fire, loving that angle already. Been a huge Riley fan since 2011 and am looking forward to him getting back in the ring. Great stuff so far. Nice seeing Adam Rose back in NXT, fun 2 min match with Breeze. Awesome main event with my two favorite NXT stars in Sasha & Charlotte. Great work from both as usual. Also liked the Rhyno vid a lot.

Loved that Sasha/Charlotte got the main event slot but wasn't played up as "hey, women are main eventing a show".  They were the main event because they were the main event. 

Riley overdid it a bit, but overall a strong performance from him.  Looking forward to where they are going with him.  

Screw that crowd for chanting with each other instead of paying attention to the women's match.  I'm glad they missed the double knee spot...and even more glad that it brought them back into the match.  I generally like the NXT crowds but that got on my nerves.

Enzo and Cass are just great, even in backstage moments like that.  I didn't care for Enzo when I first saw him but I'm hooked now.  

I want KO to totally destroy Riley and not in your typical wrestling way. I want him to break down Riley mentally and emotionally to turn him into a mindless lackey.

Basically, I want Riley to be turned into Reek.

• Like 2

Riley is a choad but he's somehow really good in the bullied man seeking revenge role. I have no idea why this is. He looks/acts/probably is some spoiled frat kid pretty boy type. That's not exactly the type of person I ever have sympathy for. Yet the segment where he beat the f out of The Miz and now this Owens angle makes him totally a guy to get behind. There will be some stuff ahead If he's anything more than "completely and utter worthless" in the ring.

That Sasha/Charlotte match was great. Charlotte gets lost sometimes but Sasha NEVER does. She's such an awesome wrestler. Also, she wears the title well. I thought the title looked so good with Paige and Charlotte -- they were the best at the time and showed the respect it was due. But with Sasha it's more of an accessory -- she's The Boss and she knows it and this title is just another piece

Enzo/Cass/Carmella were great, too. Such a good little segment. The same with Emma trying to do to Bailey what Summer did to Sasha and what Sasha did to Becky Lynch. I only wish it involved THE MIRROR~!

The interesting thing about the Riley angle with Owens is that you don't really see him getting the same outcome as he did with Miz. Miz may have tried to throw his weight around, but in the end, we can all see that he's a chickenshit who was gonna get a mudhole stomped in him once he got stood up to.

Owens is a whole other deal.

Boy did Solomon Crowe look like ass huh?  The guy is supposed to be this hard hitter and everything but he just came off like a second rate poser.  I didn't feel he had any connection to the gimmick whatsoever.  They were right to keep the guy off television for as long as he was.  I think this is his chance to sink or swim and he's only knows the doggy paddle.

I didn't really get Crowe's popularity in the indies, and I'm definitely not seeing anything in the guy now. That splash should be an occasional signature move, but nothing even approaching a finisher. 

Also he didn't hack a single thing. Not one single hack. 

I could maybe buy him as a little Tasmanian Devil honey badger on too much Redbull scrapper that's dangerous if you stop palming his forehead long enough for him to get to you, but right now there's only room in my heart for one spastic mini scrapper in NXT, and that's Enzo.

• Like 3

Sasha is such a great predator in the ring; it's her hunting ground and it doesn't matter how big you are she's gonna break you down. Bliss is the perfect foil for her now since she's the only gal smaller than her, Sasha needs to build up some more heel cred or else the crowd will completely turn her.

(And, yep, Drake's the ref for another complex women's match.)

This is the first Solomon Crowe match I've seen. My father wanted to know why he was ripping off Taz's old Tamaniac look. That's quite the shade of orange the guy has. The way the match happened, it did way more for Bull than it did for Crowe. Can't figure out why they had him wrestle Bull. Would have made more sense to do a match with one of the scrubs from the school. Take all his impactful moves and make him look more impressive.

I loved the Emma and Bayley segment. Emma being all "being all happy hasn't gotten me shit" was awesome. The main show really messed up with her. Her putting those little seeds of doubt that the world isn't all sunshine and flowers to Bayley was great. Bayley having an internal thing about being all about the hugs or giving up on happiness could be amazing. Though I never want to see her not be happy.

Sasha vs. Charlotte was really good. Sasha can be the type of woman who they can build the division around for the next decade with people chasing her. She's kinda like Ric Flair and Stephanie McMahon rolled into one. I think Sasha could be compelling as a face just as much as she is as a heel if they ever did that. I loved the end of the match though. I loved her just being like fuck it and cheating to win. Great stuff.

Crowe really needs to figure out his moveset or he was staring directly at his own future with his opponent 2015 Bull Dempsey. The crowd really wanted to like him, but everything he did on offense was so flat.

Once again, NXT put on a master class of how to further angles with less than a minute of screen time. The Bliss, Cass/Enzo, and Zayn promos were all exactly what they needed to be, but Emma really stole the show with Bayley. The whole "I/you need to turn heel because I'm/you're a jobber as a face" angle is as cliche as wrestling angles get and has been used multiple times in the NXT women's division over the last year alone, but Emma made it sound like she was really on the verge of a mental breakdown. Like getting nowhere on Raw really traumatized her, and unlike recent new hires, she seemed really ashamed to be on NXT.

Charlotte/Sasha wasn't as good as R-Evolution, but still a nice match. They did a good job playing off their spots from R-Evolution, and Sasha adapted her offense nicely to work the back. Charlotte's chop block was well-timed and nasty, although her ring post figure 4 wasn't so hot. Sasha has quietly become the best diva in all of WWE. Still anxiously awaiting the rubber match, presumably on the live show on 3/25 where they announced Balor/Owens.

Can I just quickly say how underrated C.J. Parker is as a character? He's not great in the ring and I'm never a big fan of environmentalism being made fun of, but he's such a hatable little prick, you just want to see him get beaten.

.. but Emma really stole the show with Bayley. The whole "I/you need to turn heel because I'm/you're a jobber as a face" angle is as cliche as wrestling angles get and has been used multiple times in the NXT women's division over the last year alone, but Emma made it sound like she was really on the verge of a mental breakdown. Like getting nowhere on Raw really traumatized her, and unlike recent new hires, she seemed really ashamed to be on NXT.

I was not a fan of that segment at all. It made both NXT and Emma look bad.

I think it instantly makes her an unambiguous heel, and unlike the main shows, I trust the NXT writers to be able to frame it as "I'm mad because I'm back where I started" instead of "I'm mad because I'm on the developmental show and not on Raw where all the important people are." Plus her delivery just hit the right notes with me and was way more believable than Becky Lynch who did the exact same angle six months ago.

And, yes CJ was great in his brief appearance too. His snickering at Riley's impassioned speech and the fact that he brought up hardway-ing Owens were perfect.

The Bliss, Cass/Enzo, and Zayn promos were all exactly what they needed to be, but Emma really stole the show with Bayley. The whole "I/you need to turn heel because I'm/you're a jobber as a face" angle is as cliche as wrestling angles get and has been used multiple times in the NXT women's division over the last year alone, but Emma made it sound like she was really on the verge of a mental breakdown. Like getting nowhere on Raw really traumatized her, and unlike recent new hires, she seemed really ashamed to be on NXT.

I see Bayley being the one to resist the dark side, unlike Sasha and Becky.

So at the Columbus house show they decided to throw in a Big Show vs Ryback match.   Naturally it got destroyed by the fans.     :lol:

Which is funny because according to some reports it was one of the better matches of the night.

What were they thinking putting that match on NXT?

According to the PWInsider report the show was taped. I wonder, if this will air as a regular epiode or as some kind of special.

EDIT: Nevermind, newer update on the site says this will air on 3/16 as a regular episode.